Which Opeth songs can you play in full?

vinegarstroke

Mar 7, 2008
England
So far I think I can only play Harvest all the way through. I generally tend to learn the parts of the song that intrigue me most (i.e. first solo of windowpane, first half of drapery falls, first half of Godhead's Lament and a bit of When).

Also, can anyone play Serenity Painted Death's guitar part all the way through?

I can play Windowpane and a bunch of other songs from Damnation, The Leper Affinity, Demon Of The Fall, The Drapery Falls, Bleak, To Bid You Farewell and the most recently learned Still Day Beneath The Sun.. and yeah bits and pieces of others. I think I'm going to start Godhead's next and other tracks from still life as it probably is the most difficult of all the albums to learn their songs.

My band and I learned Deliverance and Ending Credits. I play bass and I loved the bassline to EC. I remember when I had a hard time playing Deliverance, it was mostly the ending because I couldn't get my fingers to get up enough speed, but now I don't think it's a problem. We used to play a couple of covers from Immortal (Damned in Black), Death (Pull the Plug), and King Diamond (Welcome Home), but we just abandoned that and started to just write our own stuff. But it feels nice every now and then to play some songs from the metal gods.

I have sounded out many opeth riffs by ear, I dont really try to learn Opeth songs all the time (I try to focus on my own stuff.Truthfully though, I have taught myself 99% of "Forest of October", and figured out many other riffs off of Morningrise and Orchid.

at one point or another ive learned a bunch of songs all the way through but i dont think i remember any 100% right now. i remember most of the leper affinity and some of godheads and april ethereal andddd btpisio... godheads was my favorite to play i should relearn it

on bass...Deliverance, Drapery, BWP, most of Godheads Lament, Windowpane, Hope Leaves, In My Time of Need, GOP, most of BOTH, most of Bleak...cant think of anything else but I'm sure there's more

on guitar:

April Ethereal
Advent
To Bid You Farewell
Under The Weeping Moon
Demon Of The Fall
Godhead's Lament
White Cluster
Moonlapse Vertigo
Leper affinity
Bleak
Harvest
The Drapery Falls
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Masters Apprentices
Windowpane
Hope Leaves

Some of them needs to be refreshed...I Haven't played most of then for while. Masters Apprentices and Drapery Falls are the ones I play the most.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6obb9_bas&fmt=18[/ame]

The Funeral Portrait

-i've been playing for a year and a half, so excuse the fuckups -

I can play most Opeth songs, unless they have retarded double bass (my skills aren't that good yet), a la "Wreath".

The Night and the Silent Water
April Ethereal
When
Madrigal
The Amen Corner
Demon of the Fall
I can play most of:
White Cluster
The Leper Affinity
Twilight is My Robe
Advent
Blackwater Park

On bass:

All of Damnation

Masters Apprentice
Drapery Falls
Leper Affinity
Credence
Demon of the Fall (Mendez version)
Parts of Advent
Parts of White Cluster
Godhead's Lament

The Twilight Is My Robe
Advent
To Bid You Farewell
When
Demon Of The Fall
Credence
The Moor
Godhead's Lament (need refreshing)
Benighted
Moonlapse Vertigo (need refreshing)
Face of Melinda
The Leper Affinity (need refreshing)
Bleak
Harvest
The Drapery Falls
Dirge For November (need refreshing)
Patterns In The Ivy
Patterns In The Ivy-2
Deliverance
A Fair Judgement
Master's Apprentices
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Closure
To Rid The Disease
Ending Credits
Ghost Of Perdition
Atonement
Hours of Wealth
The Grand Conjuration

Most of the stuff on Damnation, but some Opeth songs are just not fun to learn the full way through. For example, Deliverance is a great track, but the whole middle of the song is not that interesting to play on guitar, and can get pretty boring.

Demon Of The Fall
Deliverance
The Leper Affinity
Bleak
Blackwater Park
When (though I've probably forgotten most of it)
Ghost Of Perdition

I can play all of "Benighted" and "Atonement".

They're the only one's I've tried to learn though, because to be honest I think Opeth's softer material is their best.

-i've been playing for a year and a half, so excuse the fuckups -

I can play most Opeth songs, unless they have retarded double bass (my skills aren't that good yet), a la "Wreath".

I'm the other way around. I can only play parts of opeth songs that have fast double bass... I should start working on my hands more than my feet.:p
I've only been playing for about five months though.