What pedals be Toby using?

4LAO

Nov 25, 2005
Japan
www.myspace.com
I know he plays a JCM800, and those are generally one-channel(I'm assuming his is). So what pedal emits the distorted brutality coming from that amp? I liked the tone live, but I didnt take a peek at whatever his feet were touching. Can anyone help me?

last i talked to greg, it's all amp distortion which is then sent through rack mounted effects processors to get the necessary delay and whichever other effects.

When he was doing the solo thing he was belting out some pretty impressive stuff out of that smallish fender amp he was carrying around. All his effects are racked as far as I know.

Remember kids, distorted signal needs equalizer shaping! Almost any sort of distortion can sound right for the material if the right frequences are leveled in the right way! Massive distortion sound in recordings is more the product of hard panning and layering of guitars, along with a healthy bass guitar mix, than they are because an amp or distortion combo 'sounds awesome'!

Helm said:
Remember kids, distorted signal needs equalizer shaping! Almost any sort of distortion can sound right for the material if the right frequences are leveled in the right way! Massive distortion sound in recordings is more the product of hard panning and layering of guitars, along with a healthy bass guitar mix, than they are because an amp or distortion combo 'sounds awesome'!

I'm aware of this. But I was more taken by his tone when I heard them live. And since it was a pretty small venue, and the amps werent mic'd, and it was on the floor and stuff, I'm pretty sure I got to hear the amp in it's real glory!

EDIT: I did a little research, and did find out about the JCM 800. The 2205 and the 2210 models have 2 channels for ultimate destruction!