What scales?

Mammoth

Capsicum Slave
Feb 19, 2003
The Land of TAXES [SWE]
Visit site
After being completely blown out of the water by COB technical soloing I simply HAVE TO KNOW: (anyone) what are the dominant scales used in COB's solos "Six pounder(second part) and Touch like angel of death (live)" Just got the Tokyo warhearts and not sure whether to sell my guitar or to be inspired in awe and get better. Damn finnish guitarists=)

There's a tab for the second part of the sixpounder's solo on mysongbook.com.
I can't tell you which scale it is, first cuz' I'm not good at scale names... As long as I pick strings and it makes noise is actually what matters... :lol: even if I try to remind me the names, and then because it looks like ther's 2 different scales.

Mammoth said:
After being completely blown out of the water by COB technical soloing I simply HAVE TO KNOW: (anyone) what are the dominant scales used in COB's solos "Six pounder(second part) and Touch like angel of death (live)" Just got the Tokyo warhearts and not sure whether to sell my guitar or to be inspired in awe and get better. Damn finnish guitarists=)

I checked it out JUST for you. Sixpounder sounds like Bb minor. It then moves up to B minor and then C minor. Touch seems to have a lot of solos, I dunno.

Stygian Apothegm said:
sixpounder looks like the minor scale.. but dont hold me up to it.

dunno about touch like angel of death but the hatebreeder album uses harmonic minor a lot and some different modes.

Prepare to be flamed by elite fanboys.