what should i listen to?

what should i listen to?

• don caballero - what burns never returns

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • sugar - file under easy listening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sf59 - americana

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and the...

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
well...i don't know these bands very well....but my vote goes to smashing pumpkins...even knowing i have never listened to them.

Fuck all y'all and your damn polls!! hee.hee

my vote goes for don caballero since I'm not familiar with any of the others.

Somebody recommended him on my "instrumental metal" thread a week or two ago and since then I've checked out some of his stuff. I'll definitely be picking up a cd in the near future. I also checked out some mp3's of Dysrhythmia and all I have to say about them is Holy Fucking Shit!

What's a good Don Caballero cd to start with??

it's not a guy... it's a band.

but a good cd to start out with might be "2" just because it's more normal (and close to a "metal" sound) "what burns never returns" and "american don" are more... abstract i guess.

the first album "for respect" is also a good starting place.

I picked sf59 - americana because that's the only one I haven't heard. And you don't have the Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson VH1 Storytellers disc on there, which is what I'm listening to so I couldn't pick that and make us be listening buddies.

Man... the Smashing Pumpkin were soooo lame... any band with a singer remotely resembling a vampire from a 60st movie should be shot down... and the voice!!! Cradle of Filth anyone??? Personally i would prefer the guy to fart... (this isn't very offensive s it?)

I had to say that the Smashing Pumpkins suck just to annoy my friend who's lurking in this thread as a guest...so...

fuck! smashing pumpkins are great. one of the best bands of all time. they have about 300 songs and they all sound so different.

What do you have today? Or should that be a new thread?

I have:
Chris Whitley - Din of Ecstasy
Further Seems Forever - The Moon is Down (in your pants) EMO for EMUS
Neko Case - Black Listed
Penance - Alpha & Omega
Cocteau Twins - Treasure

and a copy of Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire - Thrills that I left in my desk

Holy shit, someone digs Neko? You also knew of Bowl of Fire too, right? You are wise in the ways of music, my friend. I bow down.

And I'm still mad I couldn't go to the Isis show because I didn't learn to tesser in time to make it last night. Maybe if I learn to tesser through time to go back, I can go see it and be happy. Look out MARTY!

I would totally like to take inordinate credit, but I have heard OF those folks but never HEARD them. I had this image of red-headed lesbians, though, and felt like I should help you, too, achieve it.

I think you could find a Neko clip or two at the Bloodshot Records site, but they're in RealAudio.
http://www.bloodshotrecords.com
(on the new releases page)

and http://www.bowloffire.com

nekocase.jpg

Originally posted by deadair
i was the one down with the bowl of fire... love that album
Woops!! Sorry. Minus points for me. I have bad name recognition. Well, maybe you'll like the Neko stuff too. More country than BOF, but gewd. Both currently reside in Chicago, and are in the same basic music scene here, so I think of them similarly.

But sorry bout that. My bad.