What should I listen to?

Listen to some classics. Floyd, Zepplin, Beatles, Cash, Elvis, Van Morrison, the doors... whatever.

Yeah, we can pretty much skip the Pink Floyd recommendations...

(Kevin, Ulrich Schnauss. That's awesome, I've got a bunch of MP3s of his work/projects...)

I took the easy way out.

Wolves in the Throne Room "Two Hunters"

A very good choice, I must say. I'll join you right after Epos finishes.

Two Hunters really impressed me. Not sure if I'm gonna give it over Diadem yet, but I'll be damned if it isn't a top 3 for the year. I'm glad I didn't hype it up too much in my mind.

A very good choice, I must say. I'll join you right after Epos finishes.

Two Hunters really impressed me. Not sure if I'm gonna give it over Diadem yet, but I'll be damned if it isn't a top 3 for the year. I'm glad I didn't hype it up too much in my mind.

I think I put above "Diadem..." because it captures a more ominous and sinister feel than its predecessor. I can see why most would prefer "Diadem.." but "Two Hunters" is more the essence of what I like about Black Metal, done better than just about anyone has done it in years. But that's very much based on a personal preference, to be sure.

I see where you're coming from with that. Even from the start of Dia Artio the suspicion arose, "This is going to be a much darker album than Diadem". When Vastness and Sorrow kicks in, with that guitar riff that could rise the dead, one of the coolest parts of a song I have ever heard, it just confirms that.

And I absolutely love how fucking DARK this album is.

I've still got a lot of time to give to this album.

Yeah.

If you haven't done so before, though, I'd highly suggest checking Darkestrah's Epos out. They really took a much darker turn (for the better) with it than their previous material. Can't believe I haven't been giving it the listen time it deserves.