what sort of crowd do you get at a KATATONIA gig?

Just saw Crionics, Incantation, Rotting Christ and Krisiun.

Cronics - Not very good, a gayified Vader with fag synths.

Incantation - Good but standard death metal, got boring

Rotting Christ - Good, but nothing mezmerising as it should be. Not disappointed but not impressed either.

Krisiun - Very good, violence and force. Ended with In League with Satan which drove us all mad with metal mania.

so waht you guys are saying that the majority of the crowd was there for Scar Symetry?

LOL I actually think so. Well, them and Insomnium. I was there for mainly Insomnium, but Scar Symmetry put on a decent show if you liked Gothenburg -styled metal at any point. All I know is there was a nice sized chunk of the crowd missing when I got back there for Katatonia.

Bring on Rotting Christ! I was hoping they'd play Europa or that venue that Therion is playing at over BB Kings, but I'll take a Rotting Christ show any way I can.

What I meant is that I'd kill to see them play music live on a stage, and here you go, casual deff-metöhl listener at best (save for the old skool stuff you're into), seeing them live and then claiming they got boring

Hast thou not any shame?

What I meant is that I'd kill to see them play music live on a stage, and here you go, casual deff-metöhl listener at best (save for the old skool stuff you're into), seeing them live and then claiming they got boring

Hast thou not any shame?

I think they're all in Trondheim today (Going for Oslo tomorrow then maybe?), but aye, death metal like that tends to get a wee bit boring int he long run if you haven't listened to it at least a bit before so you know what the killer hitz are and stuff like that.

Katatonia - this is a band that is Metal in name only. Which, in and of itself, is fine. I like plenty of non-Metal acts. I stayed for the first third of their set, and then chose to leave, because I was completely bored. Their sound was average and their stage performance was less than average.

I saw them in London in 1997 and got the same impression back then

Well, last night I had the pleasure of taking in an evening of Insomnium, Swallow the Sun and Katatonia.

Scar Symmetry played as well, but there was no pleasure involved in that set aside from the jubilant looks on the faces of myself and my friends as they put down their instruments and vacated the stage for the Swedish masters themselves.

Good (mostly metalhead) crowd, great show, another tight and well-executed performance by Katatonia. I'd see these guys 20 more times this year if I could.