What sounds like better audial poo coming through the speakers?

Mayhem. They're funny.

One that's always baffled me is Fear Factory. Everyone loves to praise Demanufacture and Soul of a New Machine, and criticize Obsolete and Digimortal. Obsolete is easily FF's best album. Demanufacture is good, but the some of the songs are straight filler. Other than Pisschrist, the second half of the album is boring. Digimortal gets shit on so much, and it pisss me off. While certainly not their best, Digimortal does contain some of their best songs. Methinks since it had the stupid Back Da Fuck Up, everyone just jumped on the anti-FF bandwagon. Yet these same bandwagon jumpers praise SoaNM, a generic death metal album with awful vocals, as a masterpiece.

Dreamlord said:
One that's always baffled me is Fear Factory. Everyone loves to praise Demanufacture and Soul of a New Machine, and criticize Obsolete and Digimortal. Obsolete is easily FF's best album. Demanufacture is good, but the some of the songs are straight filler. Other than Pisschrist, the second half of the album is boring. Digimortal gets shit on so much, and it pisss me off. While certainly not their best, Digimortal does contain some of their best songs. Methinks since it had the stupid Back Da Fuck Up, everyone just jumped on the anti-FF bandwagon. Yet these same bandwagon jumpers praise SoaNM, a generic death metal album with awful vocals, as a masterpiece.

I've never agreed with Dreamlord more, in fact I think he's making me a wee bit gay.

I still haven't even opened Soul of a New Machine.

Erik said:
I have been doing a fair bit of digging around, and I'm 99% sure the whole movie thing is a hoax. Very well done, though.

I heard that everything was going well, then at the lkast moment the film got canned so DM had the music all ready so they just released it. *shrug*

BloodStainedWalls said:
I heard that everything was going well, then at the lkast moment the film got canned so DM had the music all ready so they just released it. *shrug*

It was never ever ever ever ever going to be a movie. Dan Swanö spilled the beans after I told him I didn't believe the movie story for a second, and I gave them a one year grace period to sell the thing as they liked before revealing the truth. :)

The only people on that album were Anders and the brothers Swanö (Dag in a very minor role). None of the other people credited as performing even exist. There was no full band, no orchestra, NOTHING. Made up.

The orchestration was taken off of a commercially available CD, which is why the segments are timed as they are... that EXACT same source music has been used by others for TV commercials, etc.