What the fuck is NF???

Yeah. 99% of the world aren't going to even know what Newfoundland is... hah. That said, bah, damn Newfies. Where the hell is the board for the rest of Canada?! Everyone knows our good bands come from... well, not Newfieland. :p

Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Yeah. 99% of the world aren't going to even know what Newfoundland is... hah. That said, bah, damn Newfies. Where the hell is the board for the rest of Canada?! Everyone knows our good bands come from... well, not Newfieland. :p

Oshawa,, :rolleyes: Give me a break...

ahahaha, calm down ya damn fishermen. What's your problem with the rest of Canada? I'm not serious when I make fun of newfies...I love Newfies... My girlfriend is a newfie. I insult her for it more than anyone. :p ... And from what I've heard, no, I'll never believe that bands from Newfoundland hold our best. Local or not.. well, you have nothing but locals... but that's beside the point. Hurry up boys, even Saskatchewan has a band that exploded recently. SASKATCHEWAN! If they can do it... anyone can! heh, j/k.

Originally posted by Thundersteel
Oshawa,, Give me a break...

and what's this supposed to mean hmmm? Would you rather I say I lived in Toronto? I've lived there too.

Oshawa has some cool bands... and they're actually getting a little exposure now too. http://www.praetorianempire.com

... And from what I've heard, no, I'll never believe that bands from Newfoundland hold our best. Local or not.. well, you have nothing but locals... but that's beside the point. Hurry up boys, even Saskatchewan has a band that exploded recently. SASKATCHEWAN! If they can do it... anyone can! heh, j/k.

and what's this supposed to mean hmmm? Would you rather I say I lived in Toronto? I've lived there too.

Oshawa has some cool bands... and they're actually getting a little exposure now too. http://www.praetorianempire.com

Hey man, I am sure that there are great bands from the rest of Canada but saying that NF has no BIG bands. Have you ever heard of sHeavy? Newfoundland band... if you didn't know...

We don't have to hurry up. We already have a lot of great bands. Past and present and bands like sHeavy who are world renowned. If you didn't know, they just released their latest CD which was produced by Mike Butcher who has worked on Black Sabbath albums. I think that qualifies as a good band. So before you tell us to hurry up at least know about the NF metal scene. :p

and if you wonder what the problem we have is.. Its people like yourself who think that all Newfoundlanders are fishermen. You might think that its funny making fun of Newfoundlanders but you turned on me rather quickly when I rolled my eyes at Oshawa. :D

It's even not worth discussing about. For Europeans you're all from Canada or North America. So stick together!

I have two thinks to ask:

1 / I don't know where DECADAWN come from actually, but does they still exist?

2 / In Canada people speak French and English. In what part do they speak what language? I'm just curious.

Hahaha, The Fishermen thing was a joke. I know it's not like that there...I often use stereotypes to sound like an idiot.

ahah!, yeah I've heard sHeavy. "ahah!" sums it up.

No, no I guess you don't have to hurry up. I mean, the Lord Death guy did in fact mention about all 6 metal bands playing around the scene there afterall.

I asked you what you meant by the Oshawa thing. I didn't take offence to it.

Hahaha, The Fishermen thing was a joke. I know it's not like that there...I often use stereotypes to sound like an idiot.

ahah!, yeah I've heard sHeavy. "ahah!" sums it up.

No, no I guess you don't have to hurry up. I mean, the Lord Death guy did in fact mention about all 6 metal bands playing around the scene there afterall.

I asked you what you meant by the Oshawa thing. I didn't take offence to it.

You said that people wouldnt know where Newfoundland is. I bet many have a better of where NF is than say... Oshawa. Thats all I was saying.

We have a small scene. Then again we have a small population.

Equating the size of the scene to the quality of the talent in it is like saying that just because Britney Spears sells more Cds than Stratovarius or Opeth or Immolation that she is automatically better. Bigger does not always equal better.

And what does "ahah" mean in reference to sHeavy? Does it mean you didn't know they were from here? You like them? Hate them?

You said that people wouldnt know where Newfoundland is. I bet many have a better of where NF is than say... Oshawa. Thats all I was saying.

We have a small scene. Then again we have a small population.

Equating the size of the scene to the quality of the talent in it is like saying that just because Britney Spears sells more Cds than Stratovarius or Opeth or Immolation that she is automatically better. Bigger does not always equal better.

And what does "ahah" mean in reference to sHeavy? Does it mean you didn't know they were from here? You like them? Hate them?

Yes, but you're comparing a CITY to a PROVINCE...and not only that, it says Oshawa, ONTARIO. More people are going to know where Ontario is... and hell, our city has had more metal bands play here than your whole province.

ahah meant I don't really like Sheavy... that's just my opinion though. To each their own.

Yes, but you're comparing a CITY to a PROVINCE...and not only that, it says Oshawa, ONTARIO. More people are going to know where Ontario is... and hell, our city has had more metal bands play here than your whole province.

ahah meant I don't really like Sheavy... that's just my opinion though. To each their own.

If you are a Canadian and you don't know where NF is then you should be ashamed to call yourself one.

Again more does not equal better. By that logic Mariah Carey is better than Testament... Flawed logic. Bigger, more well know, sell more Cds does not man that they are better. Just the same as a bigger scene does not mean that the bands have to be better than the bands from a smaller scene. A good band can come from any scene.

If you are a Canadian and you don't know where NF is then you should be ashamed to call yourself one.

Again more does not equal better. By that logic Mariah Carey is better than Testament... Flawed logic. Bigger, more well know, sell more Cds does not man that they are better. Just the same as a bigger scene does not mean that the bands have to be better than the bands from a smaller scene. A good band can come from any scene.

Did I say I don't know where NF is? No, of course every Canadian knows where it is! I'm talking about people outside of Canada. A hell of a lot more are going to know of Ontario.

No, more doesn't mean better. But our city, smaller than your province, has more metal... strange eh? No, but aside from that, when did I say "Our scene is bigger, so that means it's better." or "If a scene is bigger, that means it's better."

Did I say I don't know where NF is? No, of course every Canadian knows where it is! I'm talking about people outside of Canada. A hell of a lot more are going to know of Ontario.

No, more doesn't mean better. But our city, smaller than your province, has more metal... strange eh? No, but aside from that, when did I say "Our scene is bigger, so that means it's better." or "If a scene is bigger, that means it's better."

I didn't say you didn't know where NF was. And what makes you think someone in Sweden or Korea or Italy knows where Ontario is anymore than Newfoundland? Believe me, these people have no idea where NF, ont, Sask etc are. They know its canada. Just like you or I probably wouldn't know all the provinces of Finland and where they all are in relation to one another.

Well, fyi, basically right now NF metal legion is bands from St. John's. Newfoundland and Lab is roughly the size of Germany. Most of what is talked about on the board is St. John's and its scene. And there are more than 6 bands in the scene. That count is wrong.