What the hell does "gabber" mean?

The term "Gabba" has no meaning as such - it is a style of music. I assume you know what techno is? :lol: If not, then don't bother reading the rest of this...oh, and although some 'black metallers' are using gabba, you would never normally relate it to the 'metal' scene...

In the world of Acid Techno (and I mean the underground hardcore rave scene - not crud like happy gay house music), Gabba is the most extreme version of techno you can get. In fact, that isn't very accurate since it is so much more aggressive that it doesn't even fall under the category of "techno" anymore.

In the world of electronic beats, Gabba delivers 2000 beats per minute. Yes, I said 2000. That's what real Gabba is all about. People loved up just get off on it...mmm, wonder why? :lol: It's pure cosmic resonance travelling at the speed of oxygen, heh. Those people who have experienced a proper rave know what I'm going on about...:)

Not sure how many illegal raves you get out in Kansas, but go to any rave and the DJ will typically play Gabba slap bang in the middle, just before venturing back to techno and trance...and that's when everyone lights up.

(And when I say 'slap bang in the middle', I would be referring to the Saturday between Friday and Sunday). If a rave lasts anything less than a weekend, then it's not a rave - it's an intermission back to the real thing.

Thailand - Full Moon Parties. Anyone been to one? Heh heh...

Yeah but there is as much culture in underground techno as there is underground metal. You cannot knock other genres if you haven't been there in the trenches so to speak.

I mean, for gods sake, as metallers, we have to contend with people thinking of us as pre-pubescent Manowar fans. I can hardly say that "Gabba" is anything worse than seeing someone like Hammerfall take the stage with a sword up their rectums.