what the hell is wrong with the Death metal Elite.

Flen flyys

Sep 27, 2004
"Patrick reveals that the music will have little to do with Pestilence. Something that is being confirmed by Mameli's announcement that he's still searching for a 'gangsta-grunge' rapper and top drummer who has feeling with 'metal/fusion/gangsta'."

This came from the empty words site, mamelie was sympathizing about chucks death, and at the end they tell you what the artist is doing. This was around early 2002. I hope Mameli doesnt still have these plans, cause it would be a shame seeing someone with that much talnet go to waste in a limp bizkit rip off band.

For those who dont know Mameli was guitarist/growler for pestilence.

all the great musicians have abandoned death metal, lets start a list!

Tony Choy is in a latino boy band called Area 305.

Sean Reinhardt and Paul Masvidal have started a art-rock/emo band called Aeon Spoke.

So many good death metal bands went to shit in a similar manner: Samael, Tiamat, Entombed, Amorphis, Sentenced.....the list goes on. The whole thing with the Pestilence guy hardly surprises me. Ex-members of great metal bands usually degenerate in musical taste as they get older.

Flen flyys said:
"Patrick reveals that the music will have little to do with Pestilence. .......he's still searching for a 'gangsta-grunge' rapper and top drummer who has feeling with 'metal/fusion/gangsta'."
What a fucking abortion! He should be shot. The others as well. Fucking traitors.
:yuk: :puke: :yuk: :puke: :yuk: :puke: :yuk: :puke: :yuk: :puke:

Ockham said:
because all people sacrifice their ideals for money
"ideals"?

This is not murder or theft, it's music. People's tastes change all the time. Maybe Mameli got tired of playing death metal? Maybe since he is so talented he wanted to see if he can write good music for a different genre?

Also, calling Tony Choy a sellout is ridiculous. That man is way too talented to be playing in shitty dives for little or no money. If he can get a gig playing bass for good money, more power to him. He is a true musician, unlike some other scrubs that play metal to play it and can only play one style.

Ockham said:
The only reason someone goes from playing technical death metal to playing rap rock is for money, that's inarguable.
Not true. Maybe(for whatever reason)the person might actually like the music? Saying, with certainty, what another person is feeling is retarded. It might be right in most cases, but not all.

Also, if this is true tell Patrick he missed the boat by about 5 years since this shitty genre is dead.

Ockham said:
A sellout is someone who tarnishes their artistic integrity by playing only for money, having talent doesn't excuse that.
See above.

Ockahm said:
"Play metal to play it"? You mean they only play in a certain genre because it's natural for them? What assholes!
It might be natural in the beginning, but a true musician branches out to see what they are capable of. In my experience, a person or band who stays confined to one genre with one set of rules tends to suck. Even if it doesn't fully come out in their music, you would be surprised to see what many of your favorite bands have spinning in their CD players.

Some people who play/played metal simply like other things. Most musicians are into more than one kind of music...and many of them have a desire to play different styles. Nothing wrong with that...even if thier old fans hate the change (which most do).

While some do simply jump ship for money, that is certainly not the case with all of them. Some, as good as they are at metal, simply get bored with it.

If I wanted to make money, I would try something else than music simply because I wouldn't be able to make rap-metal without hating myself. There are only a few bands who get enough money to live with their original style.

AsModEe said:
There are only a few bands who get enough money to live with their original style.

Cannibal Corpse is a prime example of that. However, they're also a prime example of base-minded rabble shitting out uninspired turds year after year and calling it "music".

It might be natural in the beginning, but a true musician branches out to see what they are capable of. In my experience, a person or band who stays confined to one genre with one set of rules tends to suck. Even if it doesn't fully come out in their music, you would be surprised to see what many of your favorite bands have spinning in their CD players.[/QUOTE]

Well, in fact I admit that being a good musician is being able to play different styles. But also being able to stick to one genre and not getting into the same old riffs that you were playing on your 3 previous CD is also being a good musician. I think a mix of the two is the best.....It is true that some of the good metal musicians start to play shitty stuff only for the money, but some others do it because they like it and that's it. Of course it is sad, but there are great musicians that are getting into death metal. I heard some stuff, Psycroptic....I don't know how old it is, but hey, they are damn good I think. Decapitated are awesome, The Forsaken is still here. Anyway, like everything else, the Death metal Elite is changing with time.