What things does Chris practice?

Does anyone know (Chris might) what things Chris practiced when he was younger and now, such as Scales with a metronome, Arpeggios etc?

All of the above Ahahahah!!!
it's endless what I have to work on and it includes Scales, Arps, Sight reading, Ear training, right and left hand technique, etc.... I will never be finished.

oh well,
Chris.

what would you suggest for ear training?

hi, it´s been a while since my last post.. anyway, for your need i would suggest a programm that´s called EarMasterPro 5. It has everything needed to learn the different aspects, like intervals, schales, chords, rhythms.. it´s great I am working on it since a month now, and now I can see the development! There also is tutour in it, which saves your "level", so u can see the development, and maybe customize your schedule..

just check it out!

hi, it´s been a while since my last post.. anyway, for your need i would suggest a programm that´s called EarMasterPro 5. It has everything needed to learn the different aspects, like intervals, schales, chords, rhythms.. it´s great I am working on it since a month now, and now I can see the development! There also is tutour in it, which saves your "level", so u can see the development, and maybe customize your schedule..

just check it out!

Thats what I use, except I only had Version 4 but it's a great program.
Chris.

is this EarMasterPro 5 compatible with macs if not, do u know any programmes like this which are

Thats what I use, except I only had Version 4 but it's a great program.
Chris.

chris, try out the new version, it has some really helpful new things to offer! like a jazz tutor and so on. besides new features, it is designed better, which is makes it way more fun to use.. sounds stange, but that´s just the way it is! :kickass:

but see for yourself:

http://earmaster.com/newfeatures.htm

have a good time!

Nicco

I've just been watching your videos Chris, they're absolutely awesome!!! You definately have a new fan here!!! :headbang: Excellent to see you on the classical guitar and jazz as well mate, you're a real inspiration for someone trying to fit in learning both metal and classical and doing both well! Thanks!

I've just been watching your videos Chris, they're absolutely awesome!!! You definately have a new fan here!!! :headbang: Excellent to see you on the classical guitar and jazz as well mate, you're a real inspiration for someone trying to fit in learning both metal and classical and doing both well! Thanks!

Hey dude. Great to see another Aussie on the forum. Chris does indeed rule. Did you happen to see him here with Nevermore? It was really great.....but he wouldn't do his two hand sweeping for us :p

Reactions: progmetaldan
Aussies rule!!! :headbang: Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't able to get there, which sucked enormously, though I think it was over 18's only which I was just less than a year too young... :erk: Also, I'd never heard of Chris Broderick then, but I wish I had, cos I woulda done everything I could to get there...

ah! i just added you on myspace!

on that note, i live in the states, and dont like it much(countries retarded...), so i plan on movin to canada, and if we've invaded canada by the time i move, im goin to australia

\m/

Do it!!! :D Australia is a great place, but we definately need to boost up our shredding ranks a bit... :erk: Not much in the way of awesome guitarists here... Sure there's a couple of standouts like Brett Garsed and Jeremy Barnes, but after that...

Canada would also be nice to live I reckon... :D

EDIT: I forgot to include Tommy Emmanuel as a standout Australian guitarist, shame on me... :heh:

Dude... not much in the way of awesome guitarists here?

Frank Gambale, Brett Garsed, Chris Brooks (if you want a Petrucci sound) etc. Have you heard many Australian metal bands - so many incredible muscians and guitarists out there :)

Alarum, Dungeon (Now LORD), Psycroptic, Vanishing Point... *cough*Leicohtica*cough* :rolleyes: :lol: etc.

:)

Dude... not much in the way of awesome guitarists here?

Frank Gambale, Brett Garsed, Chris Brooks (if you want a Petrucci sound) etc. Have you heard many Australian metal bands - so many incredible muscians and guitarists out there :)

Alarum, Dungeon (Now LORD), Psycroptic, Vanishing Point... *cough*Leicohtica*cough* :rolleyes: :lol: etc.

:)

+1 there. Add Eyefear, not cos the dude shreds incredibly, but cos the band absolutely rock!

Hahah awesome - I saw the Eyefear singer when he guest sang with Black Majesty in Sydney one time - that guy has amazing hair! My friend got tangled in it trying to walk past him hahah.

But yeah, lots of incredible Aussie musicians/bands out there dude! :)

Frank is Aussie but lives in America - basterd, he's coming down for the Melbourne Jazz Festival in May with Chick Corea. Unfortuently I don't have the money. Not too happy about that.