What trigger and drum module for playing live?

_RiseInside_

Sep 28, 2003
Portugal
My band is considering buying the stuff for triggering our acoustic drums set in live situations. What do you recommend ? Are ddrum red shot triggers any good ? What module sounds the best for a metal band ? The yamaha and the alesis dm5 are cheaper than roland modules. Do they sound ok ?

_RiseInside_ said:
My band is considering buying the stuff for triggering our acoustic drums set in live situations. What do you recommend ? Are ddrum red shot triggers any good ? What module sounds the best for a metal band ? The yamaha and the alesis dm5 are cheaper than roland modules. Do they sound ok ?

bump!

I had the DM5 for a while, and it's the best module for that price range, but my new favorite thanks to Andy's advice is the D4, which is no longer made anymore, but easy to find on ebay for dirt cheap. As for triggers, the ddrum Red Shots are the best you can go with. They perform really well, are reliable, and again, are cheap.

Exsanguis said:
I had the DM5 for a while, and it's the best module for that price range, but my new favorite thanks to Andy's advice is the D4, which is no longer made anymore, but easy to find on ebay for dirt cheap. As for triggers, the ddrum Red Shots are the best you can go with. They perform really well, are reliable, and again, are cheap.

ok! thankx for the advice.

any other opinions ?

Hellhammer (Jan Axel) from Norwegian black metal band Mayhem have switched completely from DDrum triggers to Roland triggers.. as they work better... and belive me, he needs good triggers as he plays fast as hell.

Exsanguis said:

what triggers do you use with your d4 ?

and what about Andy, which ones does he use ?

Do they work fine ?