Drum modules- what's you're favorite?

Exocaster

Nozzle
Aug 29, 2005
I'm looking to replace my Boss DR770 with a module with trigger inputs. My budget isn't very large, about $300, so ddrum is out of the question. I'll be buying used, of course.

What, in that price range, has the best natural/acoustic drum sounds? I'll be using it as a sound module, for home practice with pads (I'm pretty crap on drums; guitar and keyboards are my main instruments) and as a studio tool.

I don't really know the differences between the various Alesis modules. I do have some experience with an older Roland TD-6, which I liked. I'm not at all familiar with the Yamaha stuff.

Alesis DM Pro. You can get it for about $300 and it's got a Smart Media drive so you can load your own samples (which makes it hella better then the DM 5). Best solution IMO.

wishtheend said:
Alesis DM Pro. You can get it for about $300 and it's got a Smart Media drive so you can load your own samples (which makes it hella better then the DM 5). Best solution IMO.

Damn, you can import your own samples? what type of media does it except?
how big of a pain in the ass is it? I own a DM-5 and gladly trade it in on the DM Pro if its not to big of a hastle to import your own samples!