What tuning do you most enjoy using?

My favorite tuning is......

• E Standard (don't fix what aint broke)

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • D Standard (I share your vision)

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • C Standard (I think I can be heavier than you)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • B Standard (I like tuning real low/I'm depressed)

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • A Standard (I have alot of issues with my mom)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Some sort of Drop-Tuning, or variation of

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Some ancient Persian tuning nobody has ever heard of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dick Rott

Her Vagina Had Teeth
Jul 30, 2003
Seattle
What is your personal favorite tuning? (for those who actually play guitar/bass). Not asking what your favorite band uses, I mean what you actually use.

Mine is D standard. Is nice and heavy, but retains the clarity and tightness of E standard.

:kickass:

Depends... I have diff guitars tuned differently... I normally practice with E, Eb, Db, Drop Db... That's really about it.

Drop-D. You can play lots of interesting riffs. Contrary to popular opinion, you can do more than just play powerchords.

Otherwise i use standard tuning or my own tunings like
DGDGAD

I don't really see the point in tuning to D standard or C standard. I only use them when learning other people's stuff like QOTSA or CoB. I don't think that tuing your guitar down is an instant shortcut to heaviness.

D standard, one day I decided to learn all the songs off of The SOund of Perseverence and tuned to what they did, playing my songs in the band that way just sounded right, so that is all I tune to now, I also put 9's on my Les Paul DC, I like my strings spongy, very spongy!

Normally I like E standard but I also like Drop -D and use that for most RATM songs. If I can be arsed to play something heavy or groovy (Spiritual Beggars) I like tuning to C standard. I also have some weird tunings that I made up. Hmmm.... should I share them with you? Well, one is keeping the guitar in E standard and then tuning the bottom E string to the VERY low G, that's good, and there's tuning the bottom E and A strings both to G an octave appart. Also I like the tuning (from top to bottom) D A F# C F# C. That's excellent.