what was your first show?

Lacuna Coil and cristina sat on my face! j/k(I wish)

Blues Traveller.

heh. I jumped in at the deep end. I've lived in Switzerland for the past few years, when I got into metal. Everything is REALLY expensive in the land of cheese soup, and only big bands play there, so the only band I wanted to see was Metallica. and I couldn't afford to go.

So... I went to Wacken Open Air 07 instead. Only marginally more expensive than 'tallica. It was pure win.

Since then, I've been in England, and I've been to gigs all over the place, mainly 'cos I could also get a job.

Nile, Hypocrisy, Soilent Green, Decapitated, Raging Speedhorn, and With Passion @ the Worcester Palladium, February 4th, 2006. I have the ticket stub on the wall in front of me.

Some underground punk/hardcore bands including some of my friends...in 1992.
I think I saw Van Halen that year too.

I've seen a lot of shows in 15 years but my interest in seeing bands live has really decreased in the last 2 years. I pretty much stopped going to shows during that time.

Nile, Hypocrisy, Soilent Green, Decapitated, Raging Speedhorn, and With Passion @ the Worcester Palladium, February 4th, 2006. I have the ticket stub on the wall in front of me.
Cool, I still haven't been to a show yet, don't know when, maybe I can take a bus to Nashville in the spring if something interesting comes there.

Yeah I know how you feel, nowadays, to be isolated from most metal tours, especially when a lot of bands seem to be playing Hartford as the eastern terminus of their tours, instead of Worcester/Boston. Most tours go through Montreal but driving there from here isn't as easy as you think, there's no direct highway route and it takes much longer than it appears.

And not having a car doesn't help either.

Same. Show kind of sucked because Hypocrisy was the only good band (Decapitated was decent) and they got their set shortened.

Yeah I know how you feel, nowadays, to be isolated from most metal tours, especially when a lot of bands seem to be playing Hartford as the eastern terminus of their tours, instead of Worcester/Boston. Most tours go through Montreal but driving there from here isn't as easy as you think, there's no direct highway route and it takes much longer than it appears.

I'm the opposite. Shows are now just a quick subway ride and walk away. :kickass:

None yet.

But Iron Maiden should be rolling through next year, and me and about 3 or 4 others are fucking stoked so that may be it.

Pretty much only so stoked because it's the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

EDIT: Fixed. Cheers.

Same thing here...shows tend to be around 150-200 miles away and I don't have a car, but my friends and I all go in a group...