what was your first show?

Amon Amarth and Testament. I choose not to count the other bands because they were atrocious.

Went to a one day rock festival in Bristol, April 2002. One Minute Silence and Raging Speedhorn were supposed to be there, but pulled out last minute. Saw Onedice (first pit and damn near broke my jaw on a tent post), some of Sick Of It All, some other bands I can't remember and Pitchshifter, which was sweet 'cos Jello Biafra came out to do his part of As Seen On TV.

my first show, embarrasingly enough, was X-fest with the Deftones and Green Day.

I've gone to better shows since then, including seeing Sabbath on their initial reunion tour.

Yeah I know how you feel, nowadays, to be isolated from most metal tours, especially when a lot of bands seem to be playing Hartford as the eastern terminus of their tours, instead of Worcester/Boston. Most tours go through Montreal but driving there from here isn't as easy as you think, there's no direct highway route and it takes much longer than it appears.

And not having a car doesn't help either.
That's the problem with Maine. The thing that sucks for me was I wanted to go see Heaven and Hell when they were touring because they were going to play about 15-20 minutes away from where I used to live. Right when I found out they were gonna tour my parents told me we were moving to Maine. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll one up you and ohiogrinder

my first show was Blink 182 with FenixTX and Social Distortion at the Universal Ampitheatre (in Los Angeles)

first metal show was Dream Theater at the Wiltern Theatre