What Watchtower album should I buy?

Wow.. what a question...

The 2nd album (Control & Resistance) is much easier to find, however : I tend to lean towards the 1st (Energetic Disassembly)... It's a little more metal...

However : I'm biased... Jason's one of my buds...

I hope this helps... and believe me... when the others see this question... You'll definitely get some good answers...

Am I right, everyone ????

Barry

Definitely get Energetic Dissassembly if you can find it. You may have to resort to Ebay, but it's worth it.

IMO Jason's vocals are a huge part of what made WatchTower so cool. I was never a big fan of Alan Tecchio's vocals on the second record. Download the 'Instruments Of Random Murder' demo from the official WatchTower site. It's got 4 songs from the second record but with Jason on vocals. Very cool.

The vocals of Energetic Disassembly are absolutely horrible and I cannot even listen to it because of that, Control is on the otherhand more well produced, better played and has the best vocals and it is easier to find so my advice is that you start with control.

It's true; you don't really have a choice. I've been listening to Control And Resistance for years and have never had a chance to hear their previous (aside from what MP3's are available at the site).
It would seem I'm one of few that actually likes Tecchio's voice; allegedly the band insisted that he should scream all the time. Aside from that, the instrumentation is perplexing but very interesting.

For those who want to get ED but don't know how... Here's a quote from Jason's e-mail:
----------
please tell people to order stuff from the watchtower website.
----------
Jason is home-making 'offifial bootleg' CD-Rs of ED, just drop him an e-mail (found on official WatchTower home page) to request it, he'll quote the price and all the ordering details.

There are a few web CD stores that still list it (e.g. Amazon.co.uk), but it seems like being dead - you put an order, wait for 3 months, and get it cancelled due to unavailability. Repeat. I ordered CD-R from Jason and expect it soon.

OK I just received ED and video from Jason.
CD-R's got photocopied (B&W) inlay, only front and back images. Inner side has something printed in HUGE letters but seems to be irrelevant to WT.
It is in thin CD-R plastic case.

AND it's autographed by Jason :)

Video (shot on July 1 2000 in Balingen, Germany) has also the B&W inlay with show photos on the front side and song titles on the back. I'll report quality later as I see it.

I just recently won "Energetic Disassebly" from Ebay, so it's not impossible...allthough very hard.

Both are great albums if you're a fan of insanely technical metal. WatchTower-fans should also check out Sieges Even and their 1st two albums "Life Cycle" and "Steps".

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Sieges Even are great, but I like Sophisticated and Uneven best. They had a decent vocalist at that point.

Actually "a sense of change" (1991) is my favorite album by any band. Jogi Kaiser is a sensational vocalist (just listen to "Change of Seasons"). The reason why I didn't mention it is because it's not exacly METAL, more like technical progressive rock. Like Rush/Yes hyped on acid. Incredible musicianship.

But all 5 albums are great. "Life Cycle" sounds very much like WatchTower.