What/where was your best 'SW live' experience?

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Share with us the best or most vivid 'SW live' moment (or whole show) you've experienced!
And second, also cool to know, how many times did you go to a SW-show?

That has to be my first and only concert in Oslo at a small place called Elm Street. Think that might be the concert where they got ripped off. Well, the concert was amazing, they blew me away, I certainly didn't know they could sound that tight live. It was a really small crowd, but they did actually make some noise!

I also got to meet Tommy after, to say hi and take a picture. Was awesome, but I wish i was more into them at that time. I'd only heard Unbreakable, Welcome to Mercy Falls and Tears for a father at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at that show at Elm Street too! But the best show I ever saw with'em would have to be the one in August of 2009, also here in Oslo, but at Smuget, during the "Metal Prog Fest", along with Illusion Suite, Circus Maximus and.. some others I was too drunk to remember. I stood right in front of mr Bass and sang (or screamed) my head off. Fantastic night, that was.

I´ve have to say in Jönköping 3 days ago (Friday 26/8-2011).
A hot consert, i think the band can confirm that.
Photos will be posted later.

Got to say that Sweden Rock -show couple of years ago was the best. Band was hot and so was the crowd. I also will remember the first SW-show I witnessed december 2008 in Åland (Dino's Bar) There were not crowd that much, but atmosphere was quite intimate, and I really enjoyed the setlist (A New Beginning (intro), Unbreakable. Hide and Seek, Banish the Wicked, Welcome to Mercy Falls, Not An Angel, Paradise, Taint the Sky, The Black Parade) because Mercy Falls was just released and everything. Afterparty with the guys was quite memorable too. :kickass:

I have two different memories:
My first was the SRF gig. I concur with what sirclansman said about that one. After the show I met the guys (see my Avatar), having some words with them about the upcoming Dream Theater gig.
The second was the release party last year. Johnny's last show. You could say there were technical difficulties onstage, with the lights not really pointing at the stage...
After the show I somehow ended up with the guys and some of their friends, ending with some of us taking a car back into Stockholm. To bad the after-party ideas were cancelled.... A very personal fan moment.

ProgPower XI... Saw them twice and hung out with some of the guys til the weeeeee hours of the morning on the last night in the infamous courtyard....

Atlanta just wasn't the same for me without them this year

I have seen this great band performing live for 4 times. And that's a lot for a non-Sweed! (Although the Dutch here make it sport to go as often as possible!)

I must say I have the coolest memories from all 4 shows, seeing the band leveling up each time from their first appearance in the Netherlands (april 2007, they all forgot about that, but I loved it.) to their 2nd (PP09) and latest on PP11! Also the release party in Stockholm was even more amazing, because, yes, it was in Stockholm and also Johhny's last show.

The afterparty at "Het Kasteel" last week was one in the tradition of the band... AWESOME!