what would you call this?

anthraxsnax

Sep 5, 2007
im currently still working on writing all the material for the album before I record this stuff, but I'm hesitant to label it inaccurately...

what my brain says would be that the vibes you'd get from the bulk of music would be somewhere in between black metal, doom, and wtf. It originally started as me trying to make symphonic black metal without guitars or vocals, but I ended up being more inclined to really just start doing whatever I wanted musically - to the point that I'm not sure where this lands(or rather who I should push it to)

one huge thing about it is that it's arranged for 2 keyboardist(sigh, which i cant find) and a drummer - and without a vocalist there is no lyrics... and if there is no lyrics - why name songs? so I've left them named I-XII... and part of this is that the composer side of me really just wants to bring you to a place - and naming a song might effect where you imagine yourself... this sounds good and all - but I'm worried if I stick to the term symphonic black metal, it assumes that the lyrical content/message is black metal oriented, which is a.) not the case and b.) not something I would ever use music to preach.

http://soundcloud.com/kylejudkins/uggggg3

thats the midi rendition of the song I'm currently still messing with(yay for sound quality :D)

or you can check some of the other stuff on teh crappy website that my lazy arse has yet to go back and finish

http://profundusconfutatis.com

at the end of the day, I'll have a product that most people wont like - and I'm okay with that... but I'd like to start getting the word out sooner or later, since myspace music doesnt really exist these days, and facebook doesnt have music - ifigured I'd check forums.

I'll try a few other forums sooner or later, but this one I actually already had an account with so :Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam:

I'd call it Avant-Garde or Progressive something. It's 3 AM, so I'll have to wait until later to make a better analysis.

I'd call it Avant-Garde or Progressive something. It's 3 AM, so I'll have to wait until later to make a better analysis.

I'm not sure if I've truly earned the title of avant garde, or atleast I'm not sure in what respect... in theory burzum has already produced 2 albums with keyboard only - and my music might be different, but I'm not sure If I'd be comfortable calling my own music that

but it is a possibility I suppose... I don't really pay attention to what genre my music is or would be - I just write music and let it do what it wants to do... so it's more important that I call this what other people feel it should be called

I have an even harder time calling it prog though... I don't do anything rhythmically aggressive, and I certaintly dont change keys - though I do mess with your ears and take little trips in other keys - I always maintain the same tonal center

but back to the original point - im not sure if I should include the term black metal at all... though It certainly is black metal influenced

I should call it black metal influenced symphonic metal. but thats long and stupid sounding. :popcorn:

so far avant garde doesn't sound too bad, but I feel like I dont hold a candle to some of those bands that also share that name tag

you know I never realized the irony - but im a member here because of some lonely kids on this forum trashing a band I was in... when I didnt ask what they wanted to call my band, they came up with all kinds of names, and now that I'm interested - 1 response >.>

not that it matters, I'd never clump an entire forum together based on a small group's antics - I just think it's funny they had no problem coming up with names for our music back then >.>