What would you do if you become deaf?

Closed%20Sign.jpg

edit: I typed "shut down the internet" into google images and got a bunch of pictures of Joe Lieberman and Barack Obama

I'd probably break shit for the first hour, lay down and become depressed, then go on with my life.

The topic name says it all, what would you really do if you become deaf?

probably go alot further in life, reach all my goals and would be alot better off lol

instead of wasting my life infront of my computer listening to the same five records over and over again until 6 o'clock in the morning playing starcraft and burning through a pack of cigarettes in a span of 4 hours

Deafness is not fun, it can cause lots of other problems like anxiety, fatigue, paranoia, and depression. I have experienced deafness before so I treat hearing like a piece of fine china.

Yeah, lets looks at the positives.

We'd save a bunch of money.

but I could do that by switching to Geico (and keep my hearing!)...unless if being deaf would save me more

Deafness is not fun, it can cause lots of other problems like anxiety, fatigue, paranoia, and depression. I have experienced deafness before so I treat hearing like a piece of fine china.

something to eat food upon during the holidays and special occasions?

If I became deaf, I'd probably become really depressed. I wouldn't kill myself though, I'm too much of a pussy. :V

Profound deafness scares the shit out of me. I really dunno what I'd do. Probably learn to live with it and be utterly bitter and depressed for the rest of my life.

This is pretty horrible to think about.

I think being blind would be worse though tbh. I can't imagine trying to navigate NYC or Tokyo with just me and my cane.

I'd probably listen to a lot less music, and constantly ask people if I've started talking like a deaf person.

People who are born deaf have trouble speaking, people who become deaf already have the framework, so to speak, for speech in their head. They may scream when they do speak, but they remember how words sound and how they are spoken.

I'd probably side with cytharul here. Music is also a big part of my life, and pretty much everything I do in life that is productive involves me listening to music. Skateboarding, studying, reading, weight lifting, running, etc.

I would go to Joe Satriani's live shows, cause already I can turn off the speakers and guess the music by his mouth/lips moves. I'm serious about it.
images

images

images

images