Whats a good book for recording,mixing and mastering??

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
Im self educated for the most part and im always looking for something new to read to get better at recording.
If anyone has any good books on this stuff fill me in.. i got a good one now its just old

i would like something recent and modern

Thanks

Bob Katz' book is pretty much cannon for beginner mastering engineers (or at least it's the most commonly recommended).

Yeah, this forum stomps all the books. I have read a bunch of them, but have learned much much much much more here
i think the real knowledge comes when you put theory into practice, so you might have put more of what you learned her to practice than the books

well its not a book but the dvd's

"internal mastering" and "internal mixing" :worship:

they are a great way to improve your way of thinking mixing wise, how to approach a mix (3 dimensions) and what mastering should actually do to your songs ;)

its called internal mixing/mastering because everything is done with plugins inside the daw, as this guy says, theres no hardware etc. needed for professional mastering! and i totally agree now after using his methods.

theres also a chapter in the mastering series about setting up your monitors, including test tones etc.

i learned so much from these dvd's, so i totally recommend them!