Whats better-Technical or Emotional?

On it's own I guess I prefer technicality, it takes more effort to play. If I wanted to listen to music with only emotion and no technicality whatsoever I'd go listen to some soppy love ballads. But I think the better songs combine both technicality and emotion.

And I do wish people would stop saying that all technical music has to be emotionless wankery and therefore it sux... it seems to some people that it's a crime to be good at playing an instrument.

songwriting is the most importartant thing, emotion is very important and technicality is not that important, but if its technical and the songs are well written then thats the ultimate art...i like both...

Ill take both.

Take symphony x for example. They are very technical, but at the same time arent completely devoid of emotion and/or feeling. The blistering riffs are extensions of the lyrics and tie together quite nicely.

But, i would rather to "Emotional" than "Technical" though, if given a strict choice.

THe trick is to balance them both.

Technical and Emotional are not exclusive to each other; they can be mixed to create powerfull music.
You have to able to play a instrument, but at the same time, you have to know when to use that skill...and when not to.
but at the same time, make it more interesting then your average rock tune.