What's goin' on in Asgaroth right now

khristoff

Feb 11, 2003
www.asgaroth.com
Hello my dear friends

It has been a while since I didn't update anything, but time has pressed on us. We had our gig in France alright, and even 2 british blokes turned up! It was a really nice experience (except for the 2x15 hour drive all in the weekend). We were at this indoor basketball court playing with some sort of futuristic and numetal bands. It was really weird for us man! The reaction was eay cool there, but there was no easylistening numetal from Asgaroth. hehe. Luckily, the new material is more straight to the point; in fact it's been ages since I didn't plug my synth and played some keys...

MERCHANDISE: We HAVE merchandise. We have 2 designs of a really simple TSHIRT. that is, black shirt with a white logo, and a red shirt with a black logo. They look cool and simple, and you can get them for 10€ (freight excluded) by mailing me at mythral_chr@hotmail.com

NEW ALBUM: Things are looking a bit grim for Asgaroth as to giving a release date. As you must know, Peaceville has bands like KAtatonia, My Dying Bride, Great Deceiver so priority number 1 is to promote and work for those bands. The release dates for their albums is February 2004. Of course, we have to follow Peaceville's schedules so we just HAVEN't a RELEASE date nor a deadline.
I haven't been able to compose any shit for ages, and I'm pretty rusty and just doubtless about what material will go into the release.

A lot of things have happened since Red shift and I'm really really fucked up and true towards the lyrics for the nmew stuff. It's just going to be a straight from the heart themed album, and It's really developing into something nasty and epic. The cover is at a draft stage, and it will be as organic as possible. I'm just getting myself together into starting to paint the canvas (i'm also an amateur painter ma friends...) and it definetly has something to do with authority. Of course we are not a punk band, but the provisional working title for the album is " AUTOCRAT ". And strangely enough I'm trying the other guys in the band to be more active in all the process.

Asgaroth is a band that has had tons of great reviews, but yet there's something we must break into towards getting the recognition "Autocrat" surely deserves. I'm just sick and tired of many many things that make maintaining a band so bloody hard so I just hope this new effort will stand for itself. Expect an enormous evolution in this new album, as it's both more intricate, more easylistening and definitely a conscious effort in the lyric department. We just have to wait...

Thanks for your time my friends, you ALL rule! Especially my dear Fathervic, Ingenius (I swear I don't know this guy) and Melancholia. I'm really proud to know and meet some really great people that have breathed "Red Shift" and havce understood what it was all about. There's so many things to say in this new album, I just can't wait to release all the best of Asgaroth in that new album. We just have to wait for Peaceville to make up their minds for a release date...

yours,

Chris & ASG

cool :)

it's nice to get finally something official directly from the band...I wish you all the best guys for the next album and cross fingers for Peaceville to release it soon. (will you start recording as soon as Peaceville says yes, or will it be recorded and then released when Peaceville decides to??)

I'll be updating the site with this as soon as I can get to make my uni stuff... (that should be no more than 1 week)

Yes I can't wait till the new Asgaroth album comes out! It is going to kick so much ass By the way isn't about time to get some attention turned to Asgaroth and have them make it as a huge success in metal? I'm hoping the new stuff will have a as or bigger effect on the metal community as Red Shift did.

hello there...

With the pityful news of simply not knowing when we are going into the studio, we are very excited with the new material and maybe some of you might be surprised by it. It will definitely be more straight to the point and direct, but with the same structure of "Red shift". Let's see when we just go into the studio then...

chr

does that mean that you have to wait till Peaceville says you can start recording???

Buffff...i understand it has to be a bit stressfull, but well i'm quite sure it will be a great experience this time...last time it was a bit stressful, eh?? ;)