What's going on?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Steve, Pabla someone for crying out loud some news :erk:

Yeah, the waiting is making personally me MAD! But its good.. the more mad I become, the more I will listen to new SP album when it comes out!:loco:

But some update is always fresh and healthy!

From one to another, I guess everybody knows already that John Arch is back AGAIN!! yEAh, and this time ONLY after 8 years! Arch / Matheos is the new band¨s name and its having current Fates line-up, only without Ray. A joint tour with Steel Prophet and Arch/Matheos would be something out of this world for me!:p

Hmm.. Steve, through what record label you think the new SP will come out? Metal Blade?.. or Massacre records..

We conceived drum parts with Jimmy Schultz a couple weeks ago for 5 songs. With the other 3 we are up to 8 now, and will be all set after 6 more are done. The new version of 'Oleander' with drums, and wild guitars is exciting me... Our version of BoRhap should sound amazing with Rick 'Mercury' Mythiasin singing... The songs are metal in composition, but the orchestration will be a whole other thing entirely.

We conceived drum parts with Jimmy Schultz a couple weeks ago for 5 songs. With the other 3 we are up to 8 now, and will be all set after 6 more are done. The new version of 'Oleander' with drums, and wild guitars is exciting me... Our version of BoRhap should sound amazing with Rick 'Mercury' Mythiasin singing... The songs are metal in composition, but the orchestration will be a whole other thing entirely.

Now I'm more excited...and baffled :loco:

It won't be too baffling when you hear it. Just pure awesomeness! LOL

Really, the plan is for a lot of non traditional instrumentation to make the orchestral palette much larger than just the standard metal palette of drum kit, distorted guitar, etc. This should create a larger tapestry of sound and make the music more interesting on repeated listens. Songs themselves are still traditional metal that rocks!

It won't be too baffling when you hear it. Just pure awesomeness! LOL

Really, the plan is for a lot of non traditional instrumentation to make the orchestral palette much larger than just the standard metal palette of drum kit, distorted guitar, etc. This should create a larger tapestry of sound and make the music more interesting on repeated listens. Songs themselves are still traditional metal that rocks!

I know that curiosity kills but, this means it'll be more a symphonical metal album that a straightforward one (meaning "Messiah" or "Beware")?

No, it won't be symphonic at all. At least if you mean that stuff they call 'symphonic metal', which is what, Rhapsody, Nightwish? It's like that other new song we did, but you'll understand when you hear it. It's like a guitar army on every song... And a percussion army in a metal hotel...

No, it won't be symphonic at all. At least if you mean that stuff they call 'symphonic metal', which is what, Rhapsody, Nightwish? It's like that other new song we did, but you'll understand when you hear it. It's like a guitar army on every song... And a percussion army in a metal hotel...

You're killing me with the suspense :Smokedev:, but as long that another SP album is coming our way, we'll be waiting.

This is the first time I've had to wait for a new SP album, since I only started listening a few years ago.
(Thank god I discovered this music, it led me away from the mainstream crap)

By the way: I can't thank you guys enough for all the great music, it is a great inspiration and has helped me through some tough times, and I really hope to catch at least one show in my lifetime.

I love the description of the drums!!! lol :worship:

On December 10th, Rick posted on Facebook:

"13 songs ready to go, Steve and Vince gave me a CD to work with. James Schultz did an awesome job tracking the drums!!"

And exactly 7 hours ago, Rick wrote that he's got some free time and wants to get over to L.A. in order to do some recordings for Steel Prophet and Masters Of Metal. Shortly after that, he posted: "Just got through talking with Vince, lookin' like a possible road trip folks"

Now doesn't that sound like some great news?

Anyway, if you've got a Facebook account, PLEASE check out the official Steel Prophet page we've set up:
The Official Facebook Home of Steel Prophet
It's got artworks, lyrics, shirt-artworks, scanned flyers, band photos and LOTS of other stuff! :) Also there are quite frequent posts about new eBay auctions with Steel Prophet rarities!

Also, you can donate to see Steel Prophet Co-Headline a Festival in Europe 2012 with an Old School Set and a possible DVD Recording of the Show. Here's the donation link: CLICK!

Well, my update is short and essentially the same as Sonata Fanatica's. We finished all drum tracks for 13 songs. Rhythm guitars are done on 8 songs. 7 songs have bass guitar. Leads and orchestrations are being worked on for all. Lyrics are complete for 10 songs. Vocal melody lines have been constructed for 6 songs (includes new version of Oleander and Bohemian Rhapsody). We are continuing to make constant progress! It's coming out very well so far. We are certainly trying to make it the best album of our careers, and we won't rush it. We know as fans what it's like to get a sub par album from a group after much anticipation. Def want to avoid that!

Just read it at FB and came right here to recheck :D

In awe!