what's in your cd player?

J

Javier

aside from J9orD10, i have been listining to Big Wreck's In Loving Memory Of..., i bought this only after i heard one of their songs called Blown Wide Open on Canada's MuchMusic station a while back which i really digged, overall the album is very melodic with a fine balance of intimate songs such as That Song as well as jams like How Would You Know and The Oaf, another cd i have spinning in my player is Rik Emmett's Ten Invitations From The Mistress Of Mr.E, great classical/jazz guitar instrumentals from ex-Triumph guitar wizard, another instrumental album i've been hearing to lately is Scott Rockenfield's Hells Canyon, he plays with guitarist/bassist/keyboardist Paul Speer whom i've never heard of, my only complaint is that the album sounds too eightish...certainly not the best instrumental album of the year as the cd packaging claims

Hello Javier-

Besides TIME LOST and BREAK which I just got a few weeks ago, I am listening to a band called UNDER THE SUN on Magna Carta label. Cool stuff with a lot of variety...lots of influences in their music.

see ya

Len

so far which songs are your favorite on Time Lost...? mines is Under The Sun, overall the album is jam-packed with alot of lengthy instrumentals compared to Break where the songs are much shorter and rigidly structured, certainly there is more spontaneity on Time Lost... than any other album the band has put out, speaking of Under The Sun, the band on the Magna Carta label, i do have their debut cd, i just haven't really given them an honest listen enough to comment on them, i guess that is one of the many cds' in my collection that got swept "under the rug" (just kidding) :rollin: what i do know is that the vocalist sings in the same vein as Ozzy, in any case, i'll give it a few listens this weekend, laters for now....

Javier-

I think NEW MOON is a gem...but I have to say that I think BREAK is excellent from start to finish- right now it is the best Enchant CD in my worthless opinion...UNDER THE SUN does take a few listens to wrap your arms around. I would check out TRACER, REFLECTIONS, DREAMCATCHER and the final track as really good representations of the band...see ya

Len

I agree with you Lenroberto, I think "Break" is an awesome piece of work, and it took me totally by surprise because I wasn't all that impressed by "Time Lost" which I had gotten about a month before. Also, I have read nothing but good things about "Under The Sun" and I am going to order it soon. I think the singer might be on the "Leonardo, The Absolute Man" cd. Also from the Magna Carta label is "Shadow Gallery", whom I also love.
I don't know about you guys, but I sure hope that Mike Geimer has a bigger role (both playing & writing), on the new cd, than he did on "Juggling 10..." I think he is an excellent song writer. "My Enemy" is one of my favorite Enchant songs.
Currently, "Horror Show" by "Iced Earth", is getting alot of cd player time. see ya!

i believe when you said about Break being your most favorite Enchant album to date, my eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets, don't get me wrong, i am not saying Break is a weak album but i think J9orD10 is a very strong comeback for the band both lyrically and musically, don't know if you have ABOTW, but i think any of their other albums Enchant has put out for that matter easily outperforms Break to be called the best Enchant album to date, still i respect your opinion, by the way, do you have the german import of Break? it has a bonus track called Once A Week, very mellow but quite good!

yes it's one of the best albums of the year! there is no doubt they've come back with a vengeance, paying homage to the creatures of the night, can't wait when they finish their overseas tour! just in time for Halloween...Muahhhhhhh!!!!!

Hi guys-

Yes my copy of BREAK (bought on vacation in Florida!) did have an unlisted final track- a good tune. I hear you Javier about J9D10- all of their work is amazing, and I am still honestly absorbing all of their songs. It's just to me- when I am on the road and have a long drive- I reach for BREAK moreso than the others. And right on tjbates- MY ENEMY could be my favorite Enchant song- at the moment!

see ya all later-

Len

PS- perhaps this is taboo but if any of you guys want to trade some cd-r's contact me at my email address:
lroberto@wicksbusinessinfo.com
there is a lot of music I want to hear but have been burned for $18 too many times only to get a cd with 1 or 2 songs I like...

i have a good cd collection which is still growing and trading cd-r's is the best thing to previewing new stuff instead of shelling out money on risky, blind purchases, i have an assortment of cd's i think you will like

Javier, is that you on the Board of Directors at Progfreaks.com? If so, who on the staff could be against "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, being in the Hall of Fame, but willing to let "Animals" have a shot at it? Also, why not include "The Yes Album".
I think that your/their Hall of Fame should be bigger than about a dozen albums if they want to seriosly cover that genre. That's like having the Baseball Hall of Fame only having about 20 inductees.

If that isn't you, please disregard this message, but the Javier there lists Enchant as one of his favorite bands, so I figured, maybe....

All in all though, it is a cool web site, at least what i've seen so far.

see ya, tjbates