What's new and worth a shit? Now listening too:

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
I have been listening to ALOT of shitty music lately, but this week seems to be looking up. I got a new Sirius player for xmas and heard Byzantine for the first time (ya i'm slow). I like them alot.

Today I got a copy of the new In Flames, best I've heard from them since Clayman. I need to listen to it a few more times.

Then I got a two song single of Wicked Wisdom. Some might have saw them on Ozzfest. It's Jada Pinkett Smith's band (Will Smith's wifey). Man does she suck da balls. Watching her at Ozzfest I thought "aw how cute, lil actress being all metal." but if you're not watching her, you sure as hell don't want to listen to her.

And finally, my biggest suprise is the new Devin Townsend Band "Synchestra" CD. I've never really been a fan of Devin's. People tend to love or hate him, i just never saw anything appealing about him. I don't like his vocals, and live he's just insulting and boring. How many times is he going to talk about his festering Asshole???? But what can I say, I really like this CD. It seems like he's pulling more from the Vai influences. I think Devin is talented, but he just doesn't have a direction in his music. The new cd is purdie darn cool.

So what are you guys listenin too??

I have a blank CDR that sounds better than the new In Flames record...
However, you are forgiven for using the term "suck da balls" in your post.

I saw DTB at the Key Club, and Devin stuck his naked ass right in some guy's face in the front row.
Asshole or not (no pun) I had a serious laugh.

1. Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal (2006)
2. Rammstein - Rosenrot (Not really that new, but a great record)
3. Vintersorg - Visions From The Spiral Generator
4. Apocalyptica - Apoclyptica (2005)
5. Dragonlord - Black Wings of Destiny (This is black metal btw)

And if you feel like having a good laugh...listen to the most homosexual & overproduced band to date!
Sure they're guitarists are shredders, but I'm pretty sure these guys administer analingus to eachother on a daily basis!

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

I also have a cd featuring several recordings of my bowel movements from October 2005, if you are interested.

Zac said:
I have a blank CDR that sounds better than the new In Flames record...
However, you are forgiven for using the term "suck da balls" in your post.

I saw DTB at the Key Club, and Devin stuck his naked ass right in some guy's face in the front row.
Asshole or not (no pun) I had a serious laugh.

1. Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal (2006)
2. Rammstein - Rosenrot (Not really that new, but a great record)
3. Vintersorg - Visions From The Spiral Generator
4. Apocalyptica - Apoclyptica (2005)
5. Dragonlord - Black Wings of Destiny (This is black metal btw)

And if you feel like having a good laugh...listen to the most homosexual & overproduced band to date!
Sure they're guitarists are shredders, but I'm pretty sure these guys administer analingus to eachother on a daily basis!

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

I also have a cd featuring several recordings of my bowel movements from October 2005, if you are interested.

Haha, I'm glad someone finally said something about Dragonforce! I had a seizure after about 3 minutes of listening to them.

In my opinion, if you put In Flames, Soil Work and Chuck Norris in a studio, I would bet that Chuck Norris would make a more awesome metal album, and then roundhouse kick everyone to death after doing so. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, in my mp3 player right now I have Behemoth, Mercenary, SYL and of course, Jag Panzer. (All ripped from their respective CDs) I really dig the Mercenary album, it sounds really rich but it's not overly done. There are some corny songs, but I'm willing to overlook that since they're from Denmark and don't know any better. I still haven't bought Nevermore's new album but I will make that my next buy.

Overall, 2005 was a great year for Metal, I'm looking forward to 2006.

metalgtr84 said:
Haha, I'm glad someone finally said something about Dragonforce! I had a seizure after about 3 minutes of listening to them.

In my opinion, if you put In Flames, Soil Work and Chuck Norris in a studio, I would bet that Chuck Norris would make a more awesome metal album, and then roundhouse kick everyone to death after doing so. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, in my mp3 player right now I have Behemoth, Mercenary, SYL and of course, Jag Panzer. (All ripped from their respective CDs) I really dig the Mercenary album, it sounds really rich but it's not overly done. There are some corny songs, but I'm willing to overlook that since they're from Denmark and don't know any better. I still haven't bought Nevermore's new album but I will make that my next buy.

Overall, 2005 was a great year for Metal, I'm looking forward to 2006.

NEVERMORE you gotta buy (and ignore my fanboy name...i've liked them for years :) ) its truly a great metal CD. Mercenary toured with them over here and they were AMAZING. and i agree the cd was fantastic.

metalgtr84 said:
How about a collaboration between Chuck Norris and Frank Stallone?:headbang:

still listening to new NEVERMORE... and a band called BEGGERS OPERA (prog from 1970!)
but between i have to listen to PAIN OF SALVATION; ´cos they are so fucking great... you probably won´t hear a better singer than daniel gildenlöw... damn he is just god!
some metallica cd rotate again in my player, because of the coverband... i´m kirk :)

Final_Product said:
NEVERMORE you gotta buy (and ignore my fanboy name...i've liked them for years :) ) its truly a great metal CD.
Dude that's soooooooooo last year. and EOR still isn't as good as Dead Heart. I still listen to my Sanctuary albums.... im so old.

MetalSteph said:
Dude that's soooooooooo last year. and EOR still isn't as good as Dead Heart. I still listen to my Sanctuary albums.... im so old.

WHAAA?

EOR smokes deadheart out of the water. I still listen to sanctuary too, infact i rediscovered into the mirror black a few months ago, the case is fucked up...but the music was fine and undamaged. "in another 100 yrs we'll turn the page!"

:)