New shit from In Flames, Wicked Wisdom, Devin Townsend, etc

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
I have been listening to ALOT of shitty music lately, but this week seems to be looking up. I got a new Sirius player for xmas and heard Byzantine for the first time (ya i'm slow). I like them alot.

Today I got a copy of the new In Flames, best I've heard from them since Clayman. I need to listen to it a few more times.

Then I got a two song single of Wicked Wisdom. Some might have saw them on Ozzfest. It's Jada Pinkett Smith's band (Will Smith's wifey). Man does she suck da balls. Watching her at Ozzfest I thought "aw how cute, lil actress being all metal." but if you're not watching her, you sure as hell don't want to listen to her.

And finally, my biggest suprise is the new Devin Townsend Band "Synchestra" CD. I've never really been a fan of Devin's. People tend to love or hate him, i just never saw anything appealing about him. I don't like his vocals, and live he's just insulting and boring. How many times is he going to talk about his festering Asshole???? But what can I say, I really like this CD. It seems like he's pulling more from the Vai influences. I think Devin is talented, but he just doesn't have a direction in his music. The new cd is purdie darn cool.

So what are you guys listenin too??

New norther CD, which is pretty damn awesome. It leaked just the other day, but i have full intentions of picking it up when it comes out. A friend is going to the pre-release listening party in Helsinki, so i'm damn jealous of him! Overall its a very good cd, heavy and melodic and beats the new Bodom album HANDS down, IMO. Great CD, definately worth picking up. Mirror of Madness is still a favourite, but this one gets pretty close!

I've also been listening to a tonne of Bathory, I've been a Venom fan for ages but I saw Isabel (hope she doesnt mind me calling her that!) sporting a Bathory shirt and remembered: I NEED SOME BATHORY! So i went a picked up Blood fire death and its amazing, its been spinning in my car for days!

I recently picked up the demigod CD by Behemoth and was very impressed, I love how heavy and brutal that CD is, not revolutionary in any way i dont think, but its heavy and pretty good to headbang along to while making toast for breakfast :) Nile's Annihiliation of the wicked is also a great album i just picked up yesterday, I downloaded lashed to the slave stick a few weeks ago and its been gnawing at my ear drums since i put it on my mp3 player, and the album is no different. Don't know if its better than shrines' yet though, but it is good stuff.

The empires of the world by Biomechanical has been getting played alot recently too. Its been in my car for ages, and i cannot get over how amazing these guys are. Their forum rocks, and they post fairly often - NICE guys. Can't wait to catch them on tour this March.

Thats me though...all blabbered out for now. What all you other fines folks getting your groove on to? :)

EDIT:

ms. anthrope said:
i admit i can't get enough of emperor right now...

Me too! Can't wait for Wacken :D

I've been listening to Annihilation of the Wicked by Nile lately, and I just bought Gore Obsessed by Cannibal Corpse today. I want to buy The Wretched Spawn for the DVD.

LadyValerie said:
I've been listening to Annihilation of the Wicked by Nile lately, and I just bought Gore Obsessed by Cannibal Corpse today. I want to buy The Wretched Spawn for the DVD.

Enjoy it, Gore Obsessed kicks ass. I've listened to that cd so many goddamn times it's not funny. :kickass:

MetalSteph said:
I think Devin is talented, but he just doesn't have a direction in his music. The new cd is purdie darn cool.

So what are you guys listenin too??

Devin is the most oriented musician in the underground because he doesn't have a direction. He has his own label which makes him able to produce any kind of music he wants. If he had protocol or formula he would be extremely boring.

I'm listening to Kalmah, Firewind and Sonata Arctica as of late.

i have no interest in Mrs. will smith in any way shape or form.

I've been listening to:
new Dead Soul Tribe
Stream of Passion ( new Arjen )
new Primal Fear

And watching the Fates Warning Live in Athens DVD ( it is sorely lacking Mark Zonder ) :confused:

MetalSteph said:
Then I got a two song single of Wicked Wisdom. Some might have saw them on Ozzfest. It's Jada Pinkett Smith's band (Will Smith's wifey). Man does she suck da balls. Watching her at Ozzfest I thought "aw how cute, lil actress being all metal." but if you're not watching her, you sure as hell don't want to listen to her.
JADA PINKETT TRYING TO BE A MUSIC ARTIST IS AS FUNNY AS SHIT BECAUSE THE WAY I HEARD IT SHE MARRIED WILL SMITH CUZ SHE SUCKED SO BAD AT BEING AN ACTRESS THAT SHE HAD TO MARRY SOME BODY TO AVOID FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY AND THAT SHE KNOWS SHE CAN'T SING WORTH SHIT AND SHE'S JUST DOING THE MUSIC CUZ SHE CAN'T GET ANYMORE ACTING GIGS:tickled:

Been on a retro trip lately.
I just had a longing to listen to Forbidden,so that´s what´s been in my ears the past days.Man,the Distortion album has to be one of the finest thrash albums ever made...

R.