Whats on everybodys CD wishlist???

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
I thought many of the riffs on that album sounded similar to those on Holy Diver. I don't see how that could be horrible. The album was pretty catchy IMO and that was part of the reason I liked it, but I'm beginning to understand that to many metal fans "catchy" automatically means bad. It's not anywhere near Dio's best album, but to loyal Dio fans I don't think it's at all a waste to add to your collection.

I personally did not think so.. on most tracks the guitar sounded very weak, and the tunes sounded uninspired even though it is Dio singing. No songs really stuck out for me... the only catchy one IMO was shivers. I heard it a few times to make sure It would not be one of those albums that just takes a few listens to get into... well, that wasn't the case for me.

MysticX9 said:
Obsession - CARNIVAL OF LIES
Jon Oliva's Pain - MANIACLE RENDERINGS
UFO - THE MONKEY PUZZLE
Bruce Dickinson - ANTHOLOGY DVD
Rainbow - LIVE IN MUNICH DVD

Perhaps some other things that look interesting...

You, sir, have truly amazing taste...

Rock on!

Daybreaker said:
Within Temptation back catalog
VIRGIN STEELE "Visions of Eden"
Bonfire "Double X"
Persuader "When Eden Burns"
Axxis "Time Machine"
Heed "The Call"

that's the priority but I bet when I get there I'll see about five hundred other cds I cant get haha.

Ah, Ben, I figured you would have been pummeling yourself with the new Persuader for a few months now...truly a tactical error...

Man, I just love that band!

Rock on!

Yea I know man everytime I come close to snagging it something happens: Case in point, I have that and about 6 cds I told myself I'd get about two months ago after I moved into my new apartment. I move in. I have to drop about a thousand cos everything required a damn deposit. Internet? 100 buck deposit, 250 dollars for security deposit, electricity? another 50, straight up four on move in day. So about two weeks later after the bills are done I go see Journey, calculate funds and go ok I'm gonna order. My truck gets stolen. Another buttload of money getting it out of the impound and to fix it. Ok FINALLY fuck this I'm just gonna order the Persuader from The End by itself! I go to the ATM to get money to pay for some bills and my card gets eaten in the machine. So now I'm rocking an ATM only card so I cant order online. And add to that my trucks tranny is completely screwed up due to whoever stole it ragging it hard so tomorrow I'm heading in to see how much is gonna get broken off in me to fix that. So yea at this years fest I'm gonna be a bunk broke ass chode. To be honest man, if it wasnt for the fact I'm coming in Monday to spend time with some good friends I'd be reconsidering going even at this point. I probably shouldnt go but I'm not gonna miss out on seeing everybody. If anything I'll arm wrestle Mike for beer hahaha.

All of those problems put together sound like a weak country song. Just need to throw in my dog ran away and my girl left me for a drummer and there you go.

So yea on Friday I'm running in and getting the damn Persuader cd ASAP.

ashaman7122 said:
You, sir, have truly amazing taste...

Rock on!

Thanks, I like to think so! If you looked closely into my
collection, however, you might change your mind :heh:

Cheers,

Neal

even though I'm not going to Prog Power (but my wife is!) I still get to at least make a stop at Impulse Music on the way to my brothers. My list currently stands at:

Jon Oliva's Pain -- Manaical Laughter
Luca Turilli's Dreamquest -- Lost Horizons
Luca Turilli -- Infinite whatever of the whatever that's called
Nightwish End of an Era CD
Venturia -- A New Kingdom
Mercenary -- The Hour that Remains
Rhapsody (of Fire) -- Triumph or Agony
Beautiful Sin -- The Unexpected

I am hopefully going to talk the wife into getting
Porcupine Tree DVD
Twisted into Form
Pure Reason Revolution
Zero Hour

But we'll see how that goes.

new Laaz Rockit dvd! Check this out for some old school thrash. I got mine at cdinzane,so theres your tip of the day.
Also picked up JOn Olivas newest...Its good but the last 4 songs just bore me to tears...so hit and miss these days,yet still above most everything that comes out.

38 albums from those 27 prior to 2006 and the rest brand new stuff or in project. Plus some bands I may discover at the festival

My priorities are

• title THRESHOLD artist: HAMMERFALL
  • title UNITED artist: DREAM EVIL
  • title RAGNAROK artist: TYR
  • title NORTHWIND artist: FALCONER
  • title ARMY OF ONE artist: RIOT
  • title THE BLACK FLAME artist: WOLF
  • title THE DEEP AND DREAMLESS SLEEP artist: MELIAH RAGE
but some are due for October and Riot still not available outisde Japan :erk: