Whats on everybodys CD wishlist???

longshot9 said:
Yeah mine is pretty massive too, but there's a lot of older stuff on there too that I've just never picked up for one reason or another.

Just so you know, Nightmare has a pretty huge stock of older titles
and a ton of stuff on exceptional prices in our for sale section,
check it out, right now there is FREE SHIPPING till the end of SEpt.

But with that said....I am getting ready and going to be in Atlanta
for a week so you'll have to be patient with me...I can't bring the Nightmare
store with me, our table will have our releases and about 100 other well chosen
hot new/recent hard to find titles.

best,
Lance
www.nightmare-records.com

I will probably spend my whole allowance at the NIGHTMARE TABLE other than a very few titles i may have to get elsewhere.

I don't want to say, because I don't want it to be sold out when I get there. ;)

Okay, fine: Redkey - Rage of Fire.

also Mercenary, Jon Oliva, and Persuader (yeah, I'm a little behind on the new cd buying train).

The Fiddler said:
Pabla!

You will love the Tony Martin stuff (Empire/Raven Ride, and Solo/Scream).

I'd stop by CD Inzane first. I got both my copies from them. Not sure if the others have them in stock.

Todd

Thanks Todd! I'll be sure to do just that! :headbang:

Ok,
I added Zero Hour to the list...I forgot that one.
Maybe somebody will have Xandrias latest also.
Jon Oliva is on its way,as is Laaz Rockits dvd
I keep going through trying to find anything I might have missed,but I'm coming up empty.I'm prepared to spend in excess of $1000 in Atlanta,but with 7000 cds in my collection I've gotten a little pickier in what I buy,and nothing is thrilling me right now

sh0kr0k said:
Now if only Saviour Machine's Legend III:II would materialize this eon, I'd be set!

You might already know this but in case you don't, the album is done and it's going to be released July 7 next year (7/7/07)

sh0kr0k said:
OMG, Virgin Black has a new one coming out?!!?!?!?! o_O I must have it!

Now if only Saviour Machine's Legend III:II would materialize this eon, I'd be set!
ok, grab a seat for a second cause you'll be knocked down when you scroll down:

Virgin Black does not have a new album coming out.

they have a TRIPLE album coming out. :D

I buy CDs in bunches, and usually abstain for some time before PP so I can get them there. Everything is available over the ‘net these days, but I’m always excited to see all the CDs laid out in front of me. Here’s my list, although I always come away with other CDs while I’m there.

Will Definitely Buy
  • Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth (Think it’s decent after 2 listens, but will buy anyway)
  • Falconer - Northwind (Fantastic Album – a must own)
  • Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings (I’m a sucker for all things Sav, and this doesn’t disappoint
  • Manticora - Black Circus (Still hard for me to tell one song from another, but I like the music, so who cares)
  • Mercenary - Hours that Remain (Great album. Love the more prevalent clean vocals but still heavy music)
  • Vandan Plas - Christ 0 (Yes, I know EVERYONE else has this, but I haven’t heard it yet. Hoping it lives up to the hype)
  • Virgin Steele - Visions of Eden (Top 5 band is a blind buy for me)

Will Probably Buy
  • Astral Doors – Astralism (Haven’t heard it, but like the other albums)
  • Cloudscape - Crimson Skies (Just heard of them – I like what I’m hearing so far)
  • Dionysus - Fairytales And Reality (Pretty good band – haven’t heard this one yet)
  • Nightwish – End of an Era DVD (Not huge on DVDs, but I’ve heard good things about this one)
  • Ten - The Twilight Chronicles (Usually gives a solid melodic metal effort. Haven’t heard this yet)
May Get if the Whim Strikes Me
  • Dio - Master of the Moon (have to fill in the collection)
  • Doro - Warrior Soul (Still like Doro)
  • Epica – Depends upon their live performance
  • Luca Turilli - Infinite Wonders Of Creation (Have to listen again. Not really liking what I’ve heard so far)
  • Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls (Hearing good things about this one)
  • Twilight Guardians – Sintrade (Like the other album they have)

Will Buy If It’s Released and Available
  • Circle II Circle - Burden of Truth
  • Pretty Maids - New one
  • Silent Force New One

Only one week left!

Steve in Philly

I bought the new Maiden and Blind Guardian albums yesterday so the most anticipated album for me this year is without a doubt the new album by Angra!:headbang:

DarkOne said:
I buy CDs in bunches, and usually abstain for some time before PP so I can get them there. Everything is available over the ‘net these days, but I’m always excited to see all the CDs laid out in front of me. Here’s my list, although I always come away with other CDs while I’m there.

Will Definitely Buy
  • Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth (Think it’s decent after 2 listens, but will buy anyway)
  • Falconer - Northwind (Fantastic Album – a must own)
  • Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings (I’m a sucker for all things Sav, and this doesn’t disappoint
  • Manticora - Black Circus (Still hard for me to tell one song from another, but I like the music, so who cares)
  • Mercenary - Hours that Remain (Great album. Love the more prevalent clean vocals but still heavy music)
  • Vandan Plas - Christ 0 (Yes, I know EVERYONE else has this, but I haven’t heard it yet. Hoping it lives up to the hype)
  • Virgin Steele - Visions of Eden (Top 5 band is a blind buy for me)

Will Probably Buy
  • Astral Doors – Astralism (Haven’t heard it, but like the other albums)
  • Cloudscape - Crimson Skies (Just heard of them – I like what I’m hearing so far)
  • Dionysus - Fairytales And Reality (Pretty good band – haven’t heard this one yet)
  • Nightwish – End of an Era DVD (Not huge on DVDs, but I’ve heard good things about this one)
  • Ten - The Twilight Chronicles (Usually gives a solid melodic metal effort. Haven’t heard this yet)
  • Dio - Master of the Moon (have to fill in the collection)
  • Doro - Warrior Soul (Still like Doro)
  • Epica – Depends upon their live performance
  • Luca Turilli - Infinite Wonders Of Creation (Have to listen again. Not really liking what I’ve heard so far)
  • Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls (Hearing good things about this one)
  • Twilight Guardians – Sintrade (Like the other album they have)

Will Buy If It’s Released and Available
  • Circle II Circle - Burden of Truth
  • Pretty Maids - New one
  • Silent Force New One

Only one week left!

Steve in Philly

Steve,

I'm with you on the Vanden Plas. I don't have it either, but I intend on checking it out. As far as Dio is concerned, I have Master of the Moon and it's solid. I think we all know he'll never make another Holy Diver, but RJD cranks out solid stuff nonetheless! :headbang: Anything Sava, Jon Oliva, or Zak Stevens is essential to me, but I probably didn't need to tell you that!:worship: :)

Brian from Big Orange Country!

Steve... a warning, "Master of the moon" is horrible... it gave me shivers and not in a good way. When it is Dio I expect much more.

I forgot about the Vanden Plas! Gotta get that too.

Let's se here:
I need to complete my Doro/Warlock collection (both CDs and DVDs), so if I can find any of the more obscure/hard-to-find items that I still don't own I'm snatching those up right away. As far as I know, the only studio album I don't own is "Love Me in Black." I guess I'll have to move on to collecting the singles next. Haha!

Don't have my list with me right now, although it's growing to be over two pages, including my t-shirt and DVD lists. There's lots of other female fronted metal/prog on it, but a good mixture of other stuff as well. Just to name a few:
Angtoria - God Has a Plan for Us All (If available, I think right now you can only pre-order.)
Macbeth - Vanitas
Lana Lane - Project Shangri La, Queen of the Ocean, Garden of the Moon
Dreamaker – Human Device
Hamka – Unearth
Nemesea - Mana
Helloise - Fata Morgana
Silent Force - Empire, Within Temptation, Infatuator
Steel Prophet - Genesis
Janus - Auferhjung
Messiah's Kiss - Prayer for the Dying
And the list goes on...

I'm also working on collecting band patches (sew or iron on), so I'm hoping that at least a few bands or vendors will have some of those that I don't already have.
:headbang:

TwizstedJesus said:
Maybe somebody will have Xandrias latest also.
That's the last album I need of theirs.

DarkOne said:

* Dio - Master of the Moon (have to fill in the collection)
* Doro - Warrior Soul (Still like Doro)
I have both of these albums and love them ... but I guess it woul be hard for me not to since Dio and Doro are my two favorite metal vocalist/bands. "Warrior Soul" is definitly in my top five favorite releases for 2006.

Pabla said:
Steve... a warning, "Master of the moon" is horrible... it gave me shivers and not in a good way. When it is Dio I expect much more.

I forgot about the Vanden Plas! Gotta get that too.

I thought many of the riffs on that album sounded similar to those on Holy Diver. I don't see how that could be horrible. The album was pretty catchy IMO and that was part of the reason I liked it, but I'm beginning to understand that to many metal fans "catchy" automatically means bad. It's not anywhere near Dio's best album, but to loyal Dio fans I don't think it's at all a waste to add to your collection.

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
I thought many of the riffs on that album sounded similar to those on Holy Diver. I don't see how that could be horrible. The album was pretty catchy IMO and that was part of the reason I liked it, but I'm beginning to understand that to many metal fans "catchy" automatically means bad. It's not anywhere near Dio's best album, but to loyal Dio fans I don't think it's at all a waste to add to your collection.

I thought Master of the Moon was a good album, myself.

Iron Maiden & Blind Guardian - I'll pick these up on the weekend......

As for upcoming stuff:
Circle II Circle - Burden of Truth
Paul Stanley - Live to Win
Hammerfall - Threshold

Obsession - CARNIVAL OF LIES
Jon Oliva's Pain - MANIACLE RENDERINGS
UFO - THE MONKEY PUZZLE
Bruce Dickinson - ANTHOLOGY DVD
Rainbow - LIVE IN MUNICH DVD

Perhaps some other things that look interesting...

Within Temptation back catalog
VIRGIN STEELE "Visions of Eden"
Bonfire "Double X"
Persuader "When Eden Burns"
Axxis "Time Machine"
Heed "The Call"

that's the priority but I bet when I get there I'll see about five hundred other cds I cant get haha.