What's on everyone's playlists lately?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I've got a ton of listening going on at the moment - lots of good stuff, old and new:

Arch Enemy: War Eternal (a return to form, killer melodic death metal, and new singer Alissa is great - and rather hot imo!!!)

Clutch - Earth Rocker (after nearly 2 years this record still gets better with more spins!!!)
Pantera: Far Beyond Driven (still my fave Pantera record - just)

Karnivool: Sound Awake

Down: 1V Part 2 (much better than part 1 imo)

Exodus: Bonded By Blood (nothing needs to be said here!!)

Killer Be Killed: self titled - superb stuff

Lacuna Coil: Broken Crown Halo (their best record since Coma Lies imo, its nothing new for them, but the songs are actually really great this time around - finally. I'd pretty much given up on them so its a good surprise).

Truth Corroded: The Saviours Slain (local band from my town - check them out - awesome thrash/death with killer tunes)

Listened to G/Z/R today, pretty good stuff, the newest Seether record, and also an old Shelter album from 1997. Heard the new Priest track yesterday and was not impressed.

Sebastian Bach gone to hell,it's an outstanding album,some great guitar work and Bach sings his nuts off.
Bls catacombs,standard bls album is pretty solid
Tom keifer,that's the way life goes,one of my favourite albums in the last decade!
I have new down but haven't had a chance to play it,I'm hoping it's god
I've said it before but I have no real interest in new heavy metal bands,I'll stick with the classics.

Yeah, the new BLS record is great, one of their best records imo.

The Bach record is cool too. Is it just me though, or does some of his higher pitched singing sound like really early day Vince Neil???

Yeah, the new BLS record is great, one of their best records imo.

The Bach record is cool too. Is it just me though, or does some of his higher pitched singing sound like really early day Vince Neil???

Not to sure about vince comparison,I only know a select amount of stuff from Mötley Crüe and didn't hear it in bach

I've been listening to:

- A Elvis Presley bootleg from Vegas (His first live show in eight years at the time)
- Garbage's whole discography (Why did you get old, Shirley? You could've been the one!)
- Stray Cats - Live from Holland '04 (Brian was sick, so Lee sang more than usually)
- AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip (Hold Me Back and Can't Stand Still really sound alike!)
- Buckethead - Crime Slunk Scene (My favorite Bucket album)
- Doyle - Abominator (Better than the new Misfits album)
- Some finnish Punk Rock
- Jars of Clay - S/T (Christian rock FTW! :lol:)

Yeah, not much metal there either.

The dead daisies kick a lot of ass,looks like there going gangbusters overseas too,some good support slots,kiss and def leppard etc,has anyone heard of them on here?

Frontman is Jon Stevens from a Classic Australian band noise works,other members include Richard fortus dizzy reed from gnr,good old school rock,I was lucky enough to see them support zz top and there live show is pretty rockin

The dead daisies kick a lot of ass,looks like there going gangbusters overseas too,some good support slots,kiss and def leppard etc,has anyone heard of them on here?

Frontman is Jon Stevens from a Classic Australian band noise works,other members include Richard fortus dizzy reed from gnr,good old school rock,I was lucky enough to see them support zz top and there live show is pretty rockin

Isn't John Tempesta in that band?

Today it's been
Maiden - Final Frontier
Skid Row - 40 seasons
kORN -Follow the leader
Dark Tranquility - Fiction

Agree with the posts above - BAchs solo stuff is great. I do need to get the new album

Just ordered Crowbars latest and Prongs latest

The new Misery Index record The Killing Gods is amazing. Loving this record.

Sabaton - Carolus Rex (Swedish Lyrics)
Demons and Wizards - Blood on My Hands, Heaven Denies
Anthrax - Grunt N Click, Nothing, Celebrated Summer, Perpetual Motion
Sabaton -Ghost Division
Iced Earth - The Reckoning, Atilla, Dracula, Birth of the Wicked (Ripper Version)

I saw them on the Uproar Fest last year and I was impressed. I'll be seeing them again this year with Kiss and Def Leppard. Hopefully they sell the cd, didn't pick it up last year.

Someone online pointed out that FNM's The Real Thing is 25 years old now!!!!!! Fuck I feel old, and have been cranking it a lot. Such a killer record. Zombie Eaters is an all time classic.