What's on the soundtrack to YOUR life?

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Alright, since we seem to be getting into self-disclosure about who everyone on the board is (ie. ages, what we're doing on Friday night, etc), here's an idea to find out a bit more about each other...what songs would you have on the soundtrack to your life?

Try to pick enough songs to fill a 74 or 80 minute CD...they don't all have to be Anthrax, but they should be songs that have had an influence on you, but also help tell "the story of your life". You can just list the song, or if you want, you can also give a reason for your choice.

1. Born to Raise Hell - Motorhead (I start with this one because there has never been a song called "Born to Headbutt People When He's Drunk")

2. School Days - AC/DC (Off to school like a good little boy...)

3. Loser - Beck (Okay, I was a nerd, I admit it)

4. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (Hey, a nerd can still rebel by listening to heavy metal, and Twisted Sister led the way for me)

5. Parental Guidance - Judas Priest (More of the rebellious phase..."We don't need no parental guidance)

6. Longview - Green Day (There I was, a nerd listening to heavy metal...yeah, a real chick magnet...oops, maybe I've revealed too much here :) )

7. Give Booze a Chance - The Bonzo Dog Band (Off to university and the discovery of fermentation)

8. More Beer - Cypher (More beer was the theme song the the University of Alberta's Ski Club...along with their slogan "You don't have to know how to ski to drink)

9. The theme from Cheers (Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name...like the campus pub)

10. Toast to the Extras - Anthrax (Here's a toast to everyone that drank with me "Just here to kill boredom for the night")

11. Wasn't That a Party - Irish Rovers (Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin...wasn't undergrad university a party?)

12. I'll Talk My Way Out of It - Stuttering John (No matter how much trouble I got in, I could generally talk my way out of it. Maybe that's why I eventually went into psychiatry)

13. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (Then I met my wife, and became hot for teacher...)

14. Big Dictionary - Faster Pussycat (...and of course she just loves me for my big dic...tionary. Hey, 'cause I'm a pretty smart guy and all)

15. Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi (Is this more about my love life, or my education, given that I spent most of medical school playing pool and foosball...)

16. Caught With Your Pants Down - AC/DC (...or dropping my pants...ah, those crazy medical students)

17. Cupajoe - Anthrax (Medicine was where I developed my caffeine addiction to combat those long nights on call)

18. Theme from Married with Children (Love and marriage, you can't have one without the other. Okay the kids are still on the way. So my wife and I got married before taking the...)

19. Highway to Hell - AC/DC (Because they don't have a song called "Flight to Toronto", but this seemed close enough)

20. Psycho Therapy - Skid Row (Now I sit in my office, giving psychotherapy...maybe I should get some myself)

21. Want You Bad - The Offspring (...at least my wife thinks I should get some therapy for my fetishes...oops, maybe I've revealed too much again :p )

22. Tester - Anthrax (I change, by staying the same...still listening to heavy metal after all these years while watching the other trends come and go)

23. Bang the Drum - Todd Rundgren (I don't want to work, I just want to bang on these drums all day)

There...almost 30 years in one 80-minute CD.

Out on the Tiles: Zeppelin
Harms Way: Anthrax
Wheels of Confusion: Sabbath
Never Say Die: Sabbath
Hitch A Ride: Boston
Goddamn Electric: Pantera
Outsider: The Ramones
Almost Honest: megadeth
How Soon is Now: the smiths
Fuck Armageddon This is Hell: bad religion
Coffee Break: LOA
Isolation: Armored Saint
One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer: Thorogood

i'm heading down to the "archives" (translated: the basement) and see what else I find. Plus this is just the excuse I needed to sift thru the 8track collection. Haven't done that in a while.

Maybe for Volume 2 of my life (ie. the next thirty years), I'll have to do an all psychiatry CD...

Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Mother's Little Helper - Rolling Stones
Sedated - The Ramones
Sanitarium - Metallica
Basket Case - Green Day
Lithium - Nirvana
Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendancies
She's Got Baggage - The Offspring
You're Crazy - GNR
and of course...
Madhouse - Anthrax

1. The End---The Doors
2. In the Hole--Armored Saint
3. Still In Saigon---Charlie Daniels Band
4. Crush---Anthrax
5. Flight of Icarus--Iron Maiden
6. Poncho & Lefty--Willie Nelson
7. Only--Anthrax
8. Roadhouse Blues--The Doors
9. Reign of Fire--Armored Saint
10. Ace of Spades--Motorhead
11. Migrations--Jimmy Buffett
12. Just Remember I love You--Firefall
13. For Whom the Bell Tolls-- Metallica
14. Fueled--Anthrax
15. Hot Rockin'--Judas Priest
16. Break on Through--The Doors
17. The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota--"Weird" Al

And I could go on, and on and on......
If I had to have a soundtrack to my life it would have to be a boxset!

:puke: :puke: :puke:

A great thread! :)

Well... my life has been a little complicated, and I'm not going to explain the meaning of these songs on the soundtrack of my life... these aren't in any order, and I'll admit, there are many ballads, and for a reason too. But that's enough.

Accept - Losing More Than You Ever Had
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama, I'm Coming Home
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
Overkill - They Eat Their Young
Black Sabbath - Changes
Helloween - Can't Fight Your Desire
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Charon - Little Angel
Rage - In Vain (I Won't Go Down)
Judas Priest - Diamonds And Rust (the 70's version)
Metallica - The Unforgiven II
Pain - Shut Your Mouth
Sentenced - Sun Won't Shine
W.A.S.P. - Hellion
Paradise Lost - True Belief
Iron Maiden - Wasting Love
Cinderella - Nobody's Fool
Wrathchild America - Surrounded By Idiots
Cradle Of Filth - Born In A Burial Gown
Anthrax - Inside Out

That's about it. Might have gone overtime, but who cares? :)

Yes, a box set is required, certainly. I already have a whole CD dedicated to songs about drinking...lots of AC/DC and Thorogood among others. Throw in a few about sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll...

Vomit -- interesting that you start with The End...and I just have to ask about The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota!

Psycho -- nothing wrong with a couple ballads...it helps add some contrast, and slows things down before you kick their ass again (I'd say crush their balls, but I won't go there again).

This is hard without a box set (there may be more):

1. Heidi is a Headcase - Ramones (obvious reasons)

2. Sanitarium - Metallica (was on the first time I got stoned)

3. Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun - Anthrax (I would advise skipping the talking part in the beginning when you're tripping)

4. Catharsis - Anthrax (junior year sucked)

5. Anything by Cypress Hill (Don't get stoned without it)

6. Cemetary Gates - Pantera (no idea why, just reminds me of partying at my friend's house)

7. This is Not for You - Pearl Jam (my best friend in high school played this 800 times a day)

8. Unstable - Armored Saint (stuck on me, not sure why :rolleyes: )

9. Only - Anthrax (we had a rocky start)

10. Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies (don't ask-but no, I wasn't)

11. Glass Box - Apocalypse (my friend's old band that broke up and only made 3 demos...I miss them)

12. March Against Time - Apocalypse (the BEST SONG EVER!!! too bad no one else will ever hear it)

13. Toast to the Extras - Anthrax (not sure why)

14. I Choose - Offspring ("If I wasn't such a weenie do ya think you'd still love me??" Lyrical genius LOL)

15. Anything, Anything - Drama Rama (I used to sing this to my friend on the phone, I still don't know why)

NAF,

For me the Doors are the quintessential rock band. And "The End" is there magnum opus. It always calms my nerves after a long day of consuming Blatz and contemplating the true nature of evil (ie-That bastardly green ketchup that stores SELL--and people BUY!--AGGGHHH!! Evil!)

As for "Twine Ball", you gotta hear it to appreciate. IT FUCKING RULES! A rambling travelogue as "Weird" Al tours across the US in search of all things scientific, such as the mecca of Albino squirrels, and the place where you can drive throught the middle of a tree!!!

Mosh Hard Always!

1. Anthrax - In My World
2. S.O.D. - Kill The Assholes
3. Megadeth - Addicted To Chaos
4. Metallica - Trapped Under Ice
5. Pantera - Cemetary Gates
6. Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
7. Armored Saint - Creepy Feelings
8. Motley Crue - Save Our Souls
9. Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
10. Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowly
11. Iron Maiden - Ghost Of The Navigator
12. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
13. AC/DC - Night Prowler
14. Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages
15. RATT - Loving You Is A Dirty Job
16. Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil
17. Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Thraxman -- is there a story behind "Loving You is a Dirty Job" that we need to know about? ;)

Brat -- between Headcase, Sanitarium, Institutionalized, and Unstable, I'm noticing a trend...should I give you an appointment for some therapy? :lol:

In my world - Anthrax
I Hate You - Slayer (don't remember who recorded it 1st but all I
know is the Slayer Version)
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Low- Sacred Reich
Forclosure of a Dream - Megadeth
Alone - Suicidal Tendancies
Blackened - Metallica
Gypsy Road - Cinderella
Poison My Eyes - Anthrax
Fuck the Middle East - SOD
Among the Living - Anthrax
Inside Out - Anthrax
Stone the Crow - Down
The Great Southern Trendkill - Pantera
Sweet Leaf - Black Sabbath
Country Boy Can Survive - Hank Williams Jr.
You Can't Bring Me Down - Suicidal Tendancies
Pounded Into Dust - Cannibal Corpse
Blue Moon of Kentucky - Bill Monroe
Dixie Fried - Kentucky Headhunters
Up In Smoke - Cheech & Chong

straight off.
Beatles: Help
Ozzy Osbourne: The Ultimate Sin
David Lee Roth: Goin´Crazy
Anthrax: Madhouse
King Diamond: Welcome Home
Metallica: Creeping Death
Alice Cooper: Hell Is Living Without You
Pearl Jam: Once
Nirvana: In Bloom
Anthrax: Only
Metallica: Enter Sandman
Pearl Jam: Better Man
Anthrax: Inside Out
Anthrax: Catharsis

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT!!! LMFAO!!!!!

But you guys brought up shit I didn't even think of, I knew there would be more, dammit.

Institutionalized, I always think of my friend Mike, because that was his favorite song and I remember watching 21 Jumpstreet (fuck I'm old) with him and there was this one episode where this dude went nuts on his parents and they played that and Mike nearly shit himself because ST was on TV and then he made me listen to the whole thing like 100 times. He also looked a LOT like Mike Muir.

Sanitarium, that was just always on at my friend Tom's house, where I learned how to get stoned.

Headcase, well, there just isn't a craze of songs with the name Heidi in it, I have to take what I can get.

And Unstable...mmmmmmmmmmmmm, they've got some guy singing it...have y'all heard him??? He's pretty good!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And ThraxMan, I was thinking more like Hits from the Bong, but Insane works too....LOL