What's on the soundtrack to YOUR life?

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
As a way of introducing yourself to the board, what would be on the soundtrack to your life?

Pick songs (metal or otherwise) that either have significance to different periods in your life, or else sum up those periods, then arrange them into a 74 or 80 minute CD.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

1. Born to Raise Hell - Motorhead (I start with this one because there has never been a song called "Born to Headbutt People When He's Drunk")

2. School Days - AC/DC (Off to school like a good little boy...)

3. Loser - Beck (Okay, I was a nerd, I admit it)

4. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (Hey, a nerd can still rebel by listening to heavy metal, and Twisted Sister led the way for me)

5. Parental Guidance - Judas Priest (More of the rebellious phase..."We don't need no parental guidance)

6. Longview - Green Day (There I was, a nerd listening to heavy metal...yeah, a real chick magnet...oops, maybe I've revealed too much here :lol: )

7. Give Booze a Chance - The Bonzo Dog Band (Off to university and the discovery of fermentation)

8. More Beer - Cypher (More beer was the theme song the the University of Alberta's Ski Club...along with their slogan "You don't have to know how to ski to drink)

9. The theme from Cheers - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes(Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name...like the campus pub)

10. Toast to the Extras - Anthrax (Here's a toast to everyone that drank with me "Just here to kill boredom for the night")

11. Wasn't That a Party - Irish Rovers (Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin...wasn't undergrad university a party?)

12. I'll Talk My Way Out of It - Stuttering John (No matter how much trouble I got in, I could generally talk my way out of it. Maybe that's why I eventually went into psychiatry)

13. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (Then I met my wife, and became hot for teacher...)

14. Big Dictionary - Faster Pussycat (...and of course she just loves me for my big dic...tionary. Hey, 'cause I'm a pretty smart guy and all)

15. Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi (Is this more about my love life, or my education, given that I spent most of medical school playing pool and foosball...)

16. Caught With Your Pants Down - AC/DC (...or dropping my pants...ah, those crazy medical students)

17. Cupajoe - Anthrax (Medicine was where I developed my caffeine addiction to combat those long nights on call)

18. Theme from Married with Children (Love and marriage, you can't have one without the other. Okay the kids are still on the way. So my wife and I got married before taking the...)

19. Highway to Hell - AC/DC (Because they don't have a song called "Flight to Toronto", but this seemed close enough)

20. Psycho Therapy - Skid Row (Now I sit in my office, giving psychotherapy...maybe I should get some myself)

21. Want You Bad - The Offspring (...at least my wife thinks I should get some therapy for my fetishes...oops, maybe I've revealed too much again :lol: )

22. Tester - Anthrax (I change, by staying the same...still listening to heavy metal after all these years while watching the other trends come and go)

23. Bang the Drum - Todd Rundgren (I don't want to work, I just want to bang on these drums all day)

There...almost 30 years in one 80-minute CD.

1. Cream - Strange Brew , Cause I enjoy playing it and Eric's afro is a classic.

2. Stevie Ray Vaughan - Riviera Paradise , Magically Mellow song.

3. Frank Zappa - Dinah-Moe Humm , For those of you who know this song , I say no more . For those who don't , LISTEN TO IT!!!

4. Automation - Body Obsolete , Kick Arse Aussie metal!!!!!

5. The Beatles - Revolution , why not??

6. Blathudah - Bleatin' , :worship:

7. Manticore - Anything by them , All great songs

8. Infernal Method - Of Words , Will , And Power . Heard who the lineup was , heard them play , they then blew me away . Everything you could want out of metal .

9. Led Zeppelin - No Quarter , Off 'The Song Remains The Same' . Used to put it on repeat and play along for hours(or try to)

10. Death - Anything , but Overactive Imagination sticks out- The riff blew me away the first time I heard it and still does every listen.

11. Sadus - Anything , They are Sadus:devil: :devil: :devil:

12. Morbid Angel - Sworn to The Black , Quick . First Morbid Angel album I heard , have been A fan ever since.

13. Carcass - Forensic Clinicism/The Sanguine Article , Grindcore at it's best

1. Blind Guardian - Born in a Mourning Hall

2. Edguy - Theatre of Salvation

3. Children of Bodom - Hate Me!

4. Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven

5. Mortician - Hacked Up for Barbecue

6. Iron Maiden - The Trooper

7. Sentenced - I'll Throw the First Rock

8. Eternal Tears of Sorrow - The River Flows Frozen

9. Stratovarius - Anthem of the World

10. Fear Factory - Timelessness

11. Angel Dust - Bleed

12. Dream Theater - Surrounded

13. Grave Digger - Fight the Fight

14. Katatonia - Quiet World

15. Nightwish - Wishmaster

16. Skinlab - Slave the Way

17. Symphony X - Out of the Ashes

18. Haggard - In a Pale Moon's Shadow

19. The Crown - Dying of the Heart

20. Mortiis - Everyone Leaves

1.Dream Theater - Overture 1928 --Is there a better way to start off a record? I doubt it.
2.Dream Theater - Metropolis pt.1 --Two songs from the same band, but considering which band is in question I doubt it matters.
3.Ayreon - Amazing Flight --Arjen at his best
4.Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing --You weren't expecting this were you? Beautiful song.
5.Eagles - Hotel California --The first song I ever liked. From the age of about 1.
6.Metallica - Turn the Page --One Metallica is a must, and this cover is absolutely fabulous.
7.Queen - The show must go on --Another one of my early favorites. My liking of this song hasn't changed a bit.
8.Nightwish - Dead boy's Poem --One of the most beautiful and touching songs up to date.
9.Symphony X - The Accolade --Symphony X at it's Best. Just gotta love Russell's vocals.
10.Vinnie Moore - The Maze --Great Instrumental

I think I'd need a triple album to sum up everything.

I'm currently working on an album that will sum up my University years. ie. "Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers", "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer", "If You Don't Start Drinking (I'm Going to Leave)", "Have a Drink on Me", "More Beer", etc etc