What's on the soundtrack to YOUR life?

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Here's one to think about. I tried this thread on the "Introduce Yourself" board, but people don't stick around long enough to put any thought into it...

Say somebody was making a movie about your entire life, and you had to create a single CD for the soundtrack (74 or 80 minutes, you choose).

What are of special significance to certain periods in your life, or that contain lyrics that are about that time in your life. (Ooooh....talk about self-disclosure). Arrange them into an autobiographical CD, and voila...the soundtrack to your life!

1. Born to Raise Hell - Motorhead (I start with this one because there has never been a song called "Born to Headbutt People When He's Drunk")

2. School Days - AC/DC (Off to school like a good little boy...)

3. Loser - Beck (Okay, I was a nerd, I admit it)

4. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (Hey, a nerd can still rebel by listening to heavy metal, and Twisted Sister led the way for me)

5. Parental Guidance - Judas Priest (More of the rebellious phase..."We don't need no parental guidance)

6. Longview - Green Day (There I was, a nerd listening to heavy metal...yeah, a real chick magnet...oops, maybe I've revealed too much here )

7. Give Booze a Chance - The Bonzo Dog Band (Off to university and the discovery of fermentation)

8. More Beer - Cypher (More beer was the theme song the the University of Alberta's Ski Club...along with their slogan "You don't have to know how to ski to drink)

9. The theme from Cheers - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes(Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name...like the campus pub)

10. Toast to the Extras - Anthrax (Here's a toast to everyone that drank with me "Just here to kill boredom for the night")

11. Wasn't That a Party - Irish Rovers (Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin...wasn't undergrad university a party?)

12. I'll Talk My Way Out of It - Stuttering John (No matter how much trouble I got in, I could generally talk my way out of it. Maybe that's why I eventually went into psychiatry)

13. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen (Then I met my wife, and became hot for teacher...)

14. Big Dictionary - Faster Pussycat (...and of course she just loves me for my big dic...tionary. Hey, 'cause I'm a pretty smart guy and all)

15. Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi (Is this more about my love life, or my education, given that I spent most of medical school playing pool and foosball...)

16. Caught With Your Pants Down - AC/DC (...or dropping my pants...ah, those crazy medical students)

17. Cupajoe - Anthrax (Medicine was where I developed my caffeine addiction to combat those long nights on call)

18. Theme from Married with Children (Love and marriage, you can't have one without the other. Okay the kids are still on the way. So my wife and I got married before taking the...)

19. Highway to Hell - AC/DC (Because they don't have a song called "Flight to Toronto", but this seemed close enough)

20. Psycho Therapy - Skid Row (Now I sit in my office, giving psychotherapy...maybe I should get some myself)

21. Want You Bad - The Offspring (...at least my wife thinks I should get some therapy for my fetishes...oops, maybe I've revealed too much again )

22. Tester - Anthrax (I change, by staying the same...still listening to heavy metal after all these years while watching the other trends come and go)

23. Bang the Drum - Todd Rundgren (I don't want to work, I just want to bang on these drums all day)

There...30 years in one 80-minute CD.

heh nice idea :)

1. Francis Cabrel - Encore et Encore (some of my early memories, spent holidays in France and shit)

2. Dire Straits - On every street
3. Phil Collins - Easy Lover (early memories as well... both somewhat connected, don't really know why)

4. Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (my introduction to Metal :D )

5. Metallica - For whom the bell tolls (yeah Baby, here we go :) )

6. Dimmu Borgir - Master of Disharmony (my hardest Metal time... :rolleyes: )

7. Blind Guardian - Theater of Pain (heh, BG the Kings of epic Metal :) )

8. Sonata Arctica - Replica (this song kinda explains myself. depression sucks.)
9. Boehse Onkelz - Erinnerungen (- " -)
10. Crematory - Endles (- " -)

11. Children of Bodom - Children of Decadence (a great song full of energy... I love it)
12. Old Man's Child - Return of the Night Creature (another one full of energy. When I feel pissed I put it on and I feel better. I never thought that could work for me, but this song does...)

mow, nough said.

19 years of nothing special, hah :p

1. Perfect day - Lou Reed
2. Rotten apples - Smashing Pumpkins
3. Possibly Maybe - Björk
4. Smile - Pearl Jam
5. Who loves the sun - Velvet Underground
6. Lining your pocket - Ocean colour scene
7.Orestes - A perfect circle
8.Heaven beside you - Alice in chains
9.The passenger - Iggy pop
10.Teenage angst - Placebo
11.Humming - Portishead
12.Parabol/ Parabola - Tool
13.Why does it always rain on me - Travis
14. Moon River - Frank Sinatra
15. Don't let me down - The beatles

1)Death of Innocence - Dark Angel
2)Reborn - Slayer
3)Eternal Nightmare - Vio-Lence
4)Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest
5)Through Eyes of Glass - Forbidden
6)Nobody Loves Me - Portishead
7)And Then It Passes - Cryptopsy
8)Heart of Darkness -Arch Enemy
9)Catatonia - Suffocation
10)Blackout - Scorpions
11)Alone in the Dark - Testament
12)And Then There Were None - Exodus
13)Memorial Arraingements - Malevolent Creation
14)Diary of a Madman - Ozzy Ozbourne

I'm just gonna list different songs I've really connected with throughout my life by band

Alice In Chains -
Brush Away
Frogs
Love, Hate, Love
Them Bones
Angry Chair

Anathema -
One Last Goodbye
Lost Control

Arch Enemy -
Enemy Within
Shadows and Dust