what's the lamest thing you've ever been busted for?

having suct tape in my backpack
having duct tape holding my backpack together in school
eating/drinking while standing up in the school cafeteria
having a CD called "Whoracle" in school

I never get busted for anythign real, in school or out of school. They're out to get me, and they get me for fuckign stupid things.

oh haha once i got a detention for having a backpack in school...which i only wanted because they only gave us 3 minutes to get from class to class, which wasn't enough time to go to my locker and get the 2 zillion books i needed for each class.

when i got the detention--from the basketball couch/disciplinarian--i pointed at a group of slouching basketball players with backpacks and said, "what about them?" the coach smugly said, "i don't see them." and gave me another detention. i was like "argh that's nonsense" and he gave me another one for "disrispect" or something else horribly misspelled. i pointed this out and, needless to say, got another one.

What exactly would be the point of banning backpacks in school? I was under the impression that school kids comprised the majority of backpack users.

because--and this is hilarious--they were concerned about concealed guns. (this was 1993. in a private catholic Connecticut school with 200 kids).

the richest thing is that the people most likely to carry guns were the thuggy basketball players, yet they were the only ones who ended up being able to carry backpacks (due to the refusal of the discipline team to bust them).

Well, I bet you're pretty grateful for that rule now that you're still alive a decade later.

Until Columbine, it wasn't all that uncommon at my school for kids to have rifles and hunting knives in their vehicles, as long as they were out of sight. Afterwards, though, they started cracking down and having surprise vehicle searches, and all kinds of good old boys were getting busted for having such items on school grounds.

no, dude, it was stupid and alarmist. that kind of thing didn't happen back then and even if it did, disallowing backpacks would not have stopped it or even made it more difficult to carry out.

I remember at one point after Columbine there was talk of banning backpacks at my school, but it never passed. Mainly because everyone figured out that it was a retarded idea.

driving with an expired license; cuffed and taken down to Lake Forest jail, where my boss, smirking all the while, bailed me out.

friend and I busted for disorderly conduct/open container at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago. put in a cell til our friends bailed us out. All the cops looked and talked like Dennis Franz and were extremely rude.

in the 8th grade they tried to bust me for wearing a RUN DMC shirt that said "HELL" on it but my parents refused to take me out of the school. i wore that shirt every day for like 4 months.

Veils_of_Cerpintaxt said:
Kazoo, that story always gets me.

I got busted for peeing off of a balcony by a cop riding a bike, when I was 15.

Hey, what can I say... Defecating into a helmet 15 feet or so below my ass is the highlight of my life. It's all been downhill from there.

Another lame one: Me and my friend were crossing through the neighborhood park late at night for a shortcut to my house, just as a couple bike cops were passing through. My friend had a gram of the nastiest weed I've ever seen, by far (looked shitty, smelled shitty, very harsh, gave you a headache instead of a buzz). My friend spent the night in jail, and I went home minus my papers and eyedrops. What's funny is that my friend was under 18 at the time and had a pack of cigarettes that he threw down (I think there were roaches in it also, if I remember correctly), and the cops saw him do it, but they couldn't find the pack. We went back the next day to fetch them.

the_preppy said:
in the 8th grade they tried to bust me for wearing a RUN DMC shirt that said "HELL" on it but my parents refused to take me out of the school. i wore that shirt every day for like 4 months.
Imagine now if someone wore a Cannibal Corpse shirt...
I got "busted" because I was wearing "all black:, meaning black jeans and a black t-shirt, while overlooking white socks, brown shoes, and a blue denim jacket (which I kept on all day).

My school is really lame...

I should also share the story of the dollar store, but.... OK, I will.

I was hanging out with my brother and my cousin, and we were bored to my cousin called on of his frineds, we came over, and the four of us went out to do something. After no problems waving to cars on a highway and blowing kisses while wearing superman masks, we pulled into a shopping center, and went into a dollar store for more stuff (only 2 masks). We kept asking them how much stuff was, then I bought a hat (bright yellow bucket). My brother and the other person with us had been wearing the masks in the store, so they called the police, which we didn't know until we went outside to find a police car blocking ours in. They yelled at us and followed us until we left the town....

Steve said:
I got "busted" because I was wearing "all black:, meaning black jeans and a black t-shirt, while overlooking white socks, brown shoes, and a blue denim jacket (which I kept on all day).
Ok, I know I posted earlier that I don't really have any fashion sense which would prevent me from wearing black and brown, but this combination sounds wrong even to me.