What's wrong with gearslutz?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
As in, why can't I access it? I know a lot of you guys aren't big fans of the apparent elitist attitude there (which comes as little surprise to me), but I've been googling a lot of gear recently trying to find reviews, and often a Gearslutz thread will show up - but when I click on it it never loads! RRRgggghhh...the same thing happens when I try and go to the website itself (or even when I search "gearslutz" in google and click the link, to make sure I didn't enter the URL wrong).

Actually, I've been unsuccessfully trying to load stuff from that page for a few weeks now, with no luck.

As in, why can't I access it? I know a lot of you guys aren't big fans of the apparent elitist attitude there (which comes as little surprise to me), but I've been googling a lot of gear recently trying to find reviews, and often a Gearslutz thread will show up - but when I click on it it never loads! RRRgggghhh...the same thing happens when I try and go to the website itself (or even when I search "gearslutz" in google and click the link, to make sure I didn't enter the URL wrong).

Actually, I've been unsuccessfully trying to load stuff from that page for a few weeks now, with no luck.

that'S because you're not "elite" enough :bah:

I really hope you're kidding, but there was a small part of me that thought that might actually be the case...

Thanks for the cache solution, it did work, but still doesn't address the main issue. Can anyone else get on?

If its at work or school maybe there is some filter that doesn't like 'slutz'. Just a guess.

Well I am at school, but let's just say I have no problem accessing sites with way more...provocative titles and subject matter :D

Your browser is too cheap, if you aren't spending $1500 on it you're getting shit.

(Seriously... maybe try another browser? See if you can ping it? I got to it just fine...)

Jeff

They had a server crash awhile back, and lost a lot of messages. So if your doing a Google search and Google points you to a specific message that may have been lost due to the crash, it isn't there, expect in Google's cached servers.

I've tried with both IE and Firefox, both with no luck - and the bit about past threads is interesting to hear, but I can't load the main page either. Whatever, I'll be home from college in 5 days, so I'll find out whether there's a bigger problem at work then.

in Gearslutz defense..there classifieds are great and they have a Q&A section with legendary producers/engineers ( they just had Danny Lanois)... I stick to the "low end" section of the site if i visit there...

Micheal Wagner is also a mod there and offers good Insight in his latest projects.

For you guitar nuts..I dare you to spend time at "The Gear page" ...that place is definitely "corksniffer central" in regards to amps, cabs, and guitars...( still a good site though!)