Whats your favorite Anthrax song and Why? It has to be a good reason!

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
I would have to say that my favorite Anthrax song at the present time is Fueled! When this song first came out, I had just returned from Seattle and I was so sick of all that lame Grunge crap! For a year and a half I played in a Grunge/rock band to which none of the other band members liked anything metal! So when I packed my stuff and headed for Wyoming I remember stopping by a Circuit City on my way out of town. I about shit my pants cause there in the new release section was Anthrax "Stomp 442" and this was my first knowledge of the album! I remember almost not seeing it because it says Anthrax on the cover pretty small! Thank God I found it, cause I listened to nothing but this album the entire 1000 + miles! The Lyrics to Fueled seemed so perfect at the time, "Punch drunk, but I'm still sober, 14 years a whole lot bolder!" Cause I don't flinch!" If you haven't guessed I had quite a fallout with my former band so these lyrics really hit the spot! I think I averaged about 85 miles per hour on the way to Wyoming! Stomp 442 is still my favorite Anthrax album, which really made that long ending drive go much faster! Let me know what Ya'll think!

Another incredible song off Stomp 442 is "Bare". This songs sends chills down my spin every time I hear it. Perhaps the most emotional you will ever hear John Bush on a song.

I am the law because it reminds me off the time I failed all my exams and the whole of sound of white noise 'cause I hated it when it first came out, didn't listen to it for three months. After giving it one more listen it began to grow on me until it was the only album i listened to and has become my favorite album. I also used to have it playing in the background while i had hot sex with an ex girlfriend to drown out my screams ;)

I have 3 songs that are my most fave.

1. all time fave.......BLACK LODGE I had a girl friend once that i pretty much grew up around. She became very withdrawn and quite distant....she said she felt as though she lived in total darkness after her sister died. Sadly she took her owne life.
The lyrics " give me the one thing you can't give, take me to the black lodge where you live" reminds me of her and how I couldn't help her.
2. BARE powerful lyrics..nuff said
3. IN MY WORLD song was my anthem in my teenage years (see quote below)
l
l
l
l
l
l
\/

For me it has to be Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.) from Among the Living. Why? It is the first Thrash album I heard and I loved this song so much. It reminds me of being 9 or 10 years old when I listen to it.

OKay, I would say...

C11 H17 N2 O2 S Na

It reminds me of soooo many people I know, I laugh out loud every time I hear it.

NFB

Cause I would use it to make fun of my friends and all their stupid love songs they made me listen to all the time.

CUPAJOE

Cause I feel like that in the morning.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

FAVE HARD ASSED SONGS

1. PACKAGED REBELLION
2. c11 h17 n2 o2 s Na
3.INVISIBLE
4.this is not an EXIT
5. BLOOD
6. MILK (ODE TO BILLY)
7 BRING THE NOISE
8. I'M THE MAN '91
9. RANDOM ACTS OF SENSELESS VIOLENCE
10. AMERICAN POMPEII
11. DROP THE BALL
12 CAUGHT IN A MOSH
13. INSIDE OUT
14. HY PRO GLO (HY PRO LUXA HERMES MIX)
15. POISEN MY EYES
16. N.F.B. (NOT HEAVY BUT COME ON! "SHE GOT HIT BY A TRUCK!")
17. STARTIN UP A POSSE (THE SHEER CUSSING CONTENT ALONE MAKES THIS SONG H E A V Y!

Catharsis, hands down.

I love this song so much for different reasons. The music has sucha great flow to it and tremendous power. The lyrics are probably the most personal Anthrax lyrics for me. "Angels in my heart, devils in my eyes". Makes me think of myseld because a lot of people think I'm a real mean asshole, but if you know me and are cool to me I'm a really nice guy and will do anything for you. So those lyrics make sense to me. "I'll never die, 'cause everything I am is in your eyes". Makes me think of my wife because she means everything to me and her opinion means much to me. And just eh way John sings the song give me goosebumps. That song is definitely one of my top 3 songs of all time.

i can't pick just one... but ever since volume 8 came out, i've loved catharsis

the lyrics are something i can really indentify, espescially the bridge.

charlie also breaks off a great lead. a simple guitar solo. it fits the song perfectly.

killling box that whole song is brutal. the way the riffs are played and the drums are pounding, jon screaming and singing and somewhat hearing frank on the bass. plus you have phil screaming back up and dime doing the solo. its insane!!! i dunno what was in charlie's head when he wrote that song but those are some heavy riffs. besided the lryics are great too. the whole damn song is sick.!!!!!!!! one day til anthrax!in nyc!!!!!!!!

I definitely think Catharsis is the best song on Vol. 8. I don't understand why they don't play that live anymore. They played it on the Vol 8 tour but not on Killer A's or this tour. I know they only have so much time and can't play everything, but it is the best song from that album.

Back in 1985 when I bought this kick ass looking record with a fist punching through the middle of some guys head and blood flying everywhere, I had no idea that I would be a 31 year old Anthrax freak 17 years later. Because of what I heard from the instant that record started, I have to say my sentimental favorite is "Deathrider". My ears melted when I heard that opening and then Charlie's furious double bass. That song still kicks ass today and the cowbell part Charlie threw in there let me know that he was not your ordinary drummer.

Looking back at all of the great stuff they have put out, the one song that makes me feel like I own the world is "Inside Out". Its all about whats on the inside of you and if whats in there is good and true, then what other people do or unfortunate situations in your life don't mean shit. The fact that I got to see them perform this song live in Orlando was an awesome experience. I remember seeing Frank and John pounding their chests and mouthing the words "from the heart" during this song.

Good Shit my friends......Good shit......

I was just going to write down exactly the same thing but then I glimpsed at The Man´s response. Everything about that "angels in my heart..." and how can some people see me fits on me perfectly! Anyway, for me, Catharsis is the best song. The followings are "Harm´s Way" (how come no one plays it on the radio), "Black Lodge" and "Madhouse" (first time I learned of Anthrax, I was ten and watched the video and just went crazy. HELL!!!! What was that!!!!) N.F.B is great too, and...of course... Discharge! Real thrash!
Anyway, unlike me, have a nice Valentine sex and peace out.

A tie right downthe middle between Burst and Catharsis. I love the bass intro fast tempo and lyrics. Lyricaly I beleive it to be amazing. And Catharsis, Fuck! That songs feels like someone wrote it about my life and the lives of people I know. By the way do any of you know which member of the band wrote these two songs I am curious?

I remember when Vol 8 came out, Metal Edge did their track by track or whatever, and Scott and John were doing almost all the talking and I *think* it was Scott who said he thought of the lyrics for Catharsis on a plane after being arrested for something that happened in his relationship. It could have been John, but I'm pretty sure it was Scott. I read it a long time ago and I can't find it now, but it might help.