What's your favourite Overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz box?

What's your favourite Overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz box?

• Boss Distortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boss Super Distortion

• Boss Overdrive

• Boss Overdrive Distortion

• Behringer Ultra Overdrive

• Toadworks Mr Ed

• Voodoo Labs Super Fuzz

• Total voters
I've tried many distortions in my guitarist life, but I've never found one that totally pleased me. Starting out with a Peavey TransTube 112, I first used amp distortion, then used the BOSS Blues Driver for a while (yes, it can do heavy!), later replaced by a BOSS Metal Zone. Then I had the Behringer V-Amp. Never could get a good sound in combination with an amp out of that box. I also tried the BOSS GT-8 and the PODxt Live. These multis are awesome pieces of equipment, but they never worked for me in combination with an amp as far as the distortions are concerned. Finally, I got my all-tube amp: a Peavey 6505. This monster doesn't need any digital distortion, of course. Recently, though, I've been using an EHX Little Big Muff to get variety in tone (and it works well). Other distortion pedals come out with too little juice, in my opinion. The 6505 head is extremely bright. I also got an EHX Nano Metal Muff, just because it looks cute. And well, it sounds good, too! For little gigs, when I don't want to carry my amp around, I also have a Line6 ÜberMetal, which I can run through any amp and get a decent heavy sound (and it has a built-in noise gate). So, but really, I am all sold on my Peavey's tube distortion and will continue to use it.

I am mainly like using the distortion straight from the amp but when it comes to the pedals I will list ones that I've used or still use sometimes and I find them sound very well.
Fulltone Fulldrive 2,OCD and MI Audio Crunchbox.
Among more popular pedals I prefer good old RAT.:headbang:

Hi, I just purchased a Dominator Guitar Pedals “Hellfire” Distortion. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the best distortion pedal on the planet. I love rock,hard rock, classic metal, modern metal and can attest that this pedal does it all. The problem is that they are limited runs as they are hand made, but well worth every penny. Below are some links to this beast of a pedal.

Also purchased the Dominator Fuzz Bomb and it literally does every type of fuzz you could imagine. All links below.

https://youtu.be/3XHmZqFzVxM

https://reverb.com/shop/dominatorpedals

Attachments

• 19A61D36-CB70-41B4-B89F-D914E3F4812D.jpeg
    19A61D36-CB70-41B4-B89F-D914E3F4812D.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 0