What's Your Philosophical Background?

It's customary to welcome new members, but unfortunately you praise CoB which automatically rules out any politeness.

I could be a bitch but I'll just say that I don't give a fuck if you think they're 'real metal' or gay or whatever...they're talented and that's that.

I could be a bitch but I'll just say that I don't give a fuck if you think they're 'real metal' or gay or whatever...they're talented and that's that.

hehe, thats the first mention of metal on the philosophy forum in months

Perhaps we should have a how philosophical is your favorite metal band thread, and then compare and interpret how philosophical the lyrics of each band are. Seriously, it aint a bad idea.

COB and Pantera and Cradle of Filth and Britney Spears are all talented.

Is their "art" in any way useful, inspiring or realistic? Plz 2 gv details thx

They form a part of the musical spectrum, and can be a bridge to other metal, if nothing else. Not that I think there's anything wrong with the music. If CoB and CoF did purely instrumental work and were not as popular I highly doubt anyone would jump on the trendy shit flinging bandwagon :)

hehe, thats the first mention of metal on the philosophy forum in months

Perhaps we should have a how philosophical is your favorite metal band thread, and then compare and interpret how philosophical the lyrics of each band are. Seriously, it aint a bad idea.

That is a good idea! I think I'd have to go with Winds, although Borknagar and Death have to get honorable mentions (Death, if for no other reason that they are responsible for the name of this forum :))

They form a part of the musical spectrum, and can be a bridge to other metal, if nothing else.

The same can be said of Slipknot, Korn, and other nu-metal.

It can even be said of Bon Jovi.

It's good to know we're all equal. That way we're all the weakest link, and no one like Graveland or Burzum or Demilich is gonna rise over the heap.

Thank G-d for equality.

If some people are actually willing to not let a few others keep that tone in here, I'll be of service.