Whats YOUR top-10 bands?

am_ash2 said:
Yes, I know- it was just strange to see that you have such a broad taste in music. If it makes you feel better, I like Paul McCartney & Wings.....sorry, I WAS a child of the 70's after all!

Exactly...I love listening to The Beatles too..

If Julie likes Duran Duran, who are you or I to say that they suck???

People's tastes expand as they age...Metal is BY FAR my favorite genre of music, but I do listen to other styles. And in my opinion, there is NO metal band that can touch Rush or The Eagles in my mind. But, you take the COLLECTIVE genre of metal, and it blows any other genre out of the water.

DrBell said:
i disagree. the dude has TANKARD in his top 5! so actually, he is probably too metal for this forum! :D

Thanks Dr. Bell!!

Like I said, listen to anything you want to. As far as Tankard goes, I think they get SEVERELY overlooked in the metal community. We are talking a band here that hasn't changed in 20 years. Always consistent, you know what you are going to get with Tankard. I love 'em to death. They actually have a new CD coming out the end of this month!! Gee, I wonder what it will sound like?? :D :headbang:

Funny, fast, beer drinking thrashers. How great is that???

But, this is an Evergrey forum. So, I'll stop now. Can't wait to hear the new album by the Clan!! Love the cover too! :headbang:

In no particular order...

1) Evergrey
2) Evergrey
3) Evergrey
4) Evergrey
5) Evergrey
6) Evergrey
7) Evergrey
8) Evergrey
9) Evergrey
10) Evergrey

Honorable mentions...

Pagan's Mind, Dreamscape, Therion, Angel Dust, Kamelot, Conception, Iced Earth, Edguy, Queensryche, Sonata Arctica, Soilwork

Well fave bands at the moment and in no order
Pain Of Salvation
Evergrey
Vintersorg
Winds
Last Tribe
Nightwish
Andromeda
Adagio
Magnitude 9
Poverty's No Crime
Freak Kitchen
Haggard
Greg Howe if you can consider him a band but he has a band playing with him sometimes.

In no order (to hard to choose!)

Adagio
Andromeda
Angra
Ayreon
Dream Theater
Evergrey
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Symphony X
Vanden Plas

well... this is pretty much impossible... I guess I have 4 bands that inhabit my "inner circle"

1. Pain of Salvation
2. Evergrey
3. Symphony X
4. Enchant

and then I can't order from there... but I'll try to pick 6 more that would probably be in my Top 10

ARK
Zero Hour
Into Eternity
Wolverine
Porcupine Tree
Queensryche

maybe... I dont know... there's just too many great bands! I also love the music of Eric Johnson.

1. dream theater
2. kamelot

3. andromeda
4. sun caged
5. power of omens
6. symphony x
7. evergrey
8. pain of salvation
9. sonata arctica

10. lots of bands..

OK, here goes. These are very difficult for me to arrange in order, but....

1. Tad Morose
2. Heathen
3. King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
4. Iced Earth
5. Wolf
6. Dio
7. Agent Steel
8. Pagans Mind
9. Evergrey
10. Judas Priest

In no specific order except for the first 4.
1.Iced Earth
2.Children Of Bodom
3.Death
4.Hypocrisy
Opeth
Symphony X
Emperor
Quo Vadis
Nevermore
Evergrey