Whats's a good introduction to the band?

weetbix

Gimmee Caffeine
Jun 4, 2002
A building somewhere in Sydney
Visit site
Just curious really.

I had never heard Armored Saint before - and one day I was on a "lets buy a couple of cds by bands I have never heard before" trip. Came across the 2 disc version of "Nod To The Old School" and figured - what the hell.

I was really liking what I heard through the first 2 songs "Real Swagger" and "Unstable" .... when it came to the 2001 re-recording of "March Of The Saint" I was blown away :worship::headbang::worship:

Now I have 5 Saint cd's and still going...

theyre my favorite band and have been since the 1st time i heard um. i think everything theyve done has been a progression on what came before. i totally disagree with MrBlackwell's Dave's SAINT new SAINT and it's 2 different bands opinion-it might work with any other band, but there's only 1 ARMORED SAINT! you cant pick any point saying they became a new band without ignoreing members prior contributions or songs that wernt released til long after they were written...

an unfortunate truth with metal is that over the years when the going got tough the tough split up or changed their sound hopeing to increase sales-almost universally every band failed. ARMORED SAINT kept going dispite all the setbacks. theyve remained true to the family and fans and sound they started with. they allways come back a step better than they were before. so, i think the best place to start is the beginning!

commercial music is pretty much all prefabricated and prepackaged these days.
a garage band that's grown over 20 years but still has that asskicking adrenaline they started out with is a miracle. it's not so much which album you start with, it's that youre hearing the last real rock band while they are still around...

WHAT YOU MISSED WAS TOTALLY INSANE

I bought Revelation, because it was extremely cheap and I had heard some positive opinions about AS before. You can't imagine how surprised I was to get a record of such quality for almost no money...needless to say I became a fan ever since

Grab the song "The Pillar."

Or listen to some post-Belladonna Anthrax first and grab any album.