When a (childhood) dream comes true

do it! I modified a mortal kombat cabinet to work with mame. I have a xbox (chipped for homebrew support) and a dreamcast in it. It even has 2 lightguns working. A lot of fun :)

I´m so jealous. I will probably do it with an old notebook inside and use Maximus Arcade as the front-end for the emulators. Probably convert a cabinet too, and rebuild the controls. LCD widescreens takes all the soul of old school gaming.

LCD widescreens takes all the soul of old school gaming.

Yeah they do. That's why I took an old 25" TV screen out of it's case and mounted it into the cabinet (be carefull, this is REALLY dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I didn't know so I'm really thankfull I'm still alive:)) and connect my consoles via rgb scart. I would love to have a PC in it with a real arcade monitor but it's impossible to get the needed hardware in germany and connecting the computer with s-video or video out looks like shit. The only advantage with a pc is the power to emulate 3D arcade games which the old xbox just can't handle. But I basicly play 2D fighters (a lot of Neo Geo, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Killer Instinct) all the time so that's not a big deal pus it's much easier to set up an xbox + tv + lightguns.

It all started with an X-Arcade for 2 players. I took all the hardware out of it and connected it to the mortal kombat controls. When I got the cabinet there was no screen or cpu at all. Works like a charm for years now :)