When a metal guy compose & mix orchestra stuff...

ShamStalin

Metal Head
Nov 18, 2010
Malaysia
Hurm, I'm so used to Metal kind of mix, but yah, since this is not metal, I would like to hear your opinion ~
do this sound harsh/overly compressed? I was told to quit mixing orchestra and stick to just metal, this is so frustrating. :/ I want to improve my versatility :(

Latest Track "Leap of Faith"

Last edited:
Reactions: demonrob
Nah bro, sound very nice, maybe a bit more room in the drums, maybe a Taiko?? at the end.

Maybe a little bit more of strings in the beginning to build the motif in the song.
My 2 cents

Very nice work indeed.

Reactions: ShamStalin
Nah bro, sound very nice, maybe a bit more room in the drums, maybe a Taiko?? at the end.

Maybe a little bit more of strings in the beginning to build the motif in the song.
My 2 cents

Very nice work indeed.

Hi Demonrob, thank you so much for your feedback, all kind of opinions/suggestions/critics are welcomed! I'll note that down to improve my writing & mix in the future :D !

Whoever said that is a fucking twat. This sounds good man, it's maybe a little harsh in the high end on certain instruments, but just keep at it and don't let anyone put you down.

AntonioPetrole, really great to hear these, this is why I love this group :D I trust the ears of UltimateMetal's more than the people in my local industry. I'll take note on that little harsh in the high end ^^

Holy ****Mate! that's just amazing! Myself , being a metal guy, can enjoy alot of stuff like Hans Zimmer , Brian Tyler, Alexandre Desplat , John Williams, Michael Giacchino , Howard Shore, ...etc, etc ....All great film music composers. Also i have a weakness for a Baritone violin & Cello's....and a good piano score is also much appreciated :) I don't know when; or how it happened, I used to be an active metal guitarist in a band an all...and all of a sudden, That music taste was just "there". Im still metal to the bone though...i guess my blinders came off or something? :)

So anyways, ShamStalin, i have heard alot of music in that genre.
If it would be bad, i got nothing to loose by telling you so. : D
But i would prefer that you continue down that path...(and your welcome to post your new things from time to time :p ) .
I really like what you've made, honestly.

PS.: Might be worth mentioning i checked some other vids aswell, and i like what i hear ! Also enjoyed that remix of Touch It by Ariana Grande floating between your videos ;) So Yeah, felt the urge to Subscibe right away :D :kickass:

God you blessed me with beautiful people today, woah thank you so much, it's a great honor for me to hear these feedbacks, I instantly boosted by 30% of motivations after reading these comments, I'm really open to any suggestions/opinions on the song arrangements/mixing wise.

Ah, Ariana Grande remix, I'm currently stucked at 70% progress on the remix, but I'll try to get it finished as soon as I figure out a nice climax :D.

Thank you so much for the subs omg :rofl:.

Sounds great. Maybe some more dynamics (velocity) on the piano and drums, but that's it, IMO. What vsti's are you using for this kind of stuff?

Cheers

Hi there, I used :

Hollywood Strings for the most strings, including string runs [fast notes]
Damage for percussions
and lots of 8Dio's stuffs!

Unfortunately, the piano has only 8 layers of velocity, the piano's velocity is abit stagged :(

Hi guys, would like to update my latest Orchestral track is out now :D Let me know what do you guys think? Any critics are welcomed!