When did RAM get so damn expensive?

ParsonsMatt

Alas, Tyranny
Nov 15, 2006
Athens, GA
www.myspace.com
I was thinking about getting a pair of 4GB sticks to go in my computer to celebrate my new 64 bit OS, but that's almost $240 now! I paid $40-50 for a pair of 2GB sticks over a year ago. What happened??

Its nowhere near as fast as actual ram! It will help but its not a subsititute.

As for prices, its supply and demand my friend. Lots of people are going 64bit and buying more ram so the price goes up. When 32bit was around max ram on most windows PC's was 3.5 gigs. now with Win7 and support for up to 16gigs people are going ram crazy.

It got expensive since the ram cartel was uncovered and also since a hike in parts lately. My Patriot DDR3 get this- 3 x 2GB DDR in March was £117 on special offer, now its £170 and thats if you can even get it.

By the way, I have a 2 x 2GB DDR3 brand new in box unopened crucial ballistix if anyone wants to buy.

I was thinking about getting a pair of 4GB sticks to go in my computer to celebrate my new 64 bit OS, but that's almost $240 now! I paid $40-50 for a pair of 2GB sticks over a year ago. What happened??

Quit yer bitchin'... Once upon a time, I paid $400 for 4 megabytes. Ram today is cheap by comparison.