When forums go bad...

Marty Feldman's eyes are just so funny to look at. It is no surprising that the AA site was only designed for people suffering from that condition / affliction.

Talk about surfing the web and checking the scene out at the same time !! :) I wonder whether you need two brains to process the two sets of visuals??

I enjoyed my time with AA. I never really thought I was a good reviewer, but I did have fun with it. Unfortunately, with the purchase of a new home and plans for a wedding next year, I do not have the time.

It was also unfortunate that Tony and Adam weren't able to finish the new layout, because it would have looked quite nice. But Tony was pre-occupied with finding a job, and Adam ran into many incidents like health problems, a housefire, and a tornado that damaged his home.

Erik said:
AA wasn't half bad, I especially enjoy many of Dreamlord's reviews and the Negurã feature. The thing that annoyed me at times with AA was its tendency to seem to make being provocative a goal in itself.
Kinda like posting a link to a negative review in a band's forum when you know it will cause a war. :Smug:

The new AA site design was infinitely better than the old layout. Tony's obviously a professional, shame it all fell flat after all his efforts. Why didn't someone else just take over upload duties?!! Damn shame I say.

Erik said:
The thing that annoyed me at times with AA was its tendency to seem to make being provocative a goal in itself.
That's exactly what the forum's problems were for some, especially me. Oh well, it's in the past, but I think it's fair that we can all reflect in this thread called "When forums go bad" because AA certainly did, and for those obvious reasons.

Black Winter Day said:
i semi-agree (that it was sort of classless)... although i don't think it was meant as such.
Of course it wasn't meant as such. You want to know what classless is?? My thread called "Metal Chicks"!! :lol:

I think there is still a chance of AA being resurrected...Adam has gone through a series of personal disasters this year and the rest of the staff is also pressed for time...and just about every non-UM forum I've posted on has gone straight to shit. :)

Black Winter Day said:
hey, AA got me interested in aborym and moonsorrow (i think both your reviews, dreamlord) much earlier in the year. and the commentary-thing with rhavin and another guy (sorry about the esotericism) concerning progpower is one of the funniest things i've ever read.

God damn i [was] a dumbass back then. 'esotericism?' I didn't even USE it right!