When forums go bad...

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Well I know BWD frequents other forums, but not sure if anyone else is a regular in other place 'round the Internet (other than various corners of UM.com).

Ever notice that some forums might be great for years but one day just fall apart? I visit various offroad, music, and computer forums on occasion, but other than RC there is only one other one I visit nearly every day: Customtacos.com (a website for Toyota Tacoma enthusiasts). I learned so much about my truck there and even met a few metalheads and bassists, so some common bonds were really forged. But over the last few months it's turned into the typical car forum, with half the posting members harassing everyone, and the other half newbies asking the same two questions over and over.

It's just kind of a shame when forums go down the crapper isn't it? Or does this just beg the question "do Internet friends count?" :lol:

Other forums I frequent are www.ssmt-reviews.com, www.metalireland.com, and one other forum that discusses various subjects dealing with Houston and its outlying areas such as The Woodlands, where I currently reside.

I sometimes visit the Teufel's Tomb forum, but that more just to find out when the site will go back up, because I found that site to be the most enjoyable (not necessarily the most reliable) when dealing with metal reviews.

:lol:

Oh man, my vote goes to "Appropriate Apocalypse". I didn't just say that out loud did I? I'll never forget this: "Ladies and Gentlemen. JayKeeley will no longer be part of AA in any way, shape, or form. Thank you.".

And now the post count of the RC forum is way past the AA one, and let's not speak about activity... Hrm... I liked that forum while it was still active, but there's little point in going there now -- and when was the actual SITE last updated?

award.jpg

Hardradio's Hardboard. Good community of folks, with tastes that cover the entire spectrum.

http://www.hardradio.com/frameboard.html

Perpetual Motion. The posters tend to prefer Prog Metal, but every genre of music is discussed. This would be an awesome board if the board software didn't suck donkeys.

http://www.tpom.com/pmboard/index.php

I've also posted to the Queensryche newsgroup for years. These days it's rarely about Queensryche, and more often about music in general.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.music.artists.queensryche

Zod

I used to be on the nevermore board quite often and the regulars began changing quite a bit. that's where I first ran into BWD (or I should say, I first ran into him when he and his ilk decided to launch an attack on the sonata arctica board :lol:)

I've slowly been working my way back there though.

the only other boards I frequent on a regular basis is maudlin of the Well and my college alumni board.

@Erik, hahaha, I know I spend way too much time on the net, but damn, if only you knew what I was doing for work since last March: leading a development team where most of the development was happening "off shore". Look at me, making excuses. :loco:

Oh, I believe you... I am willing to bet I spend at least twice as much time on the Internet as you... I'm just not as active a poster.

Appropriate Apocalypse is dead? Really ? :)

I think the layout of AA was designed for people that had eyes like Marty Feldman.

lizard said:
I used to be on the nevermore board quite often and the regulars began changing quite a bit. that's where I first ran into BWD (or I should say, I first ran into him when he and his ilk decided to launch an attack on the sonata arctica board :lol:)
hey, i never attacked it!!! :lol: i still have the PM's concerning it (it was 1 1/2 years ago!)

LEDMAG:
[url]http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...2927#post602927[/url]

Go fuck with them man. They are really asking for it. They are taking up fo rtheir band like no other hahahhahahaha.

check into this. Then we'll get the others to come to as well hahahahhaa.

ME:

i don't know, man, it might be kinda tough for me since i kinda like that band, heh heh

LEDMAG:
Well, there is already one troll there dogging the band. Im just dogging some posters. hahahaha. I haevnt gotten the band into it yet, other than to tell the members not to get angry over someone elses opinion(that guy who is flaming teh actual band)..but yeah dude, lets rag the memebrs just for the sake of ragging.

------
:lol: :lol: good times, good times... there's even a 'teh' in there (ledmag was the king of it)

hey, we met lizard because of it, so it's all good! :)

i semi-agree (that it was sort of classless)... although i don't think it was meant as such.

hey, AA got me interested in aborym and moonsorrow (i think both your reviews, dreamlord) much earlier in the year. and the commentary-thing with rhavin and another guy (sorry about the esotericism) concerning progpower is one of the funniest things i've ever read.

AA wasn't half bad, I especially enjoy many of Dreamlord's reviews and the Negurã feature. The thing that annoyed me at times with AA was its tendency to seem to make being provocative a goal in itself.