The real Benmech shows himself again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I rarely ever call anyone out in public. It's just not my style. However, I'm making an exception this time. As many of you are aware, Benmech is a very opinionated poster on various forums. His posts can be very confrontational, abrasive, and downright pompous at times. In fact, he was banned from this forum for over a year at one point for continued insults.

Ben came back a while back stating he was a changed man. He asked for a second chance. I gave it to him. He fell off the wagon every now and then, but no where near the extremes as before. In fact, he was very informative in regards to Arcturus and various other topics outside our normal discussion.

The last time I had a private conversation with him I told him I looked forward to seeing him in Atlanta. That was several months ago.

It seems that I was a sucker as I took the knife in the back once again. This is what Benmech thinks of this community:

"yeah, it's a game of who could suck Glenn's trombone the deepest over there. Nobody actually pays attention to the music."

http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122413

If you run into him on other forums, do not feel sympathy towards him if he states he was banned for no reason. I do no want people to get suckered into thinking he is just a misunderstood guy like I did last time.

Hee hee.....his response to your disappointment about Coroner's setlist floored me. It seemed disproportionate even for him!

Seriously John, who the fuck *are* you to question or offer your opinion about something? :loco:

I felt the opinion of Ben I offered in my response was appropriate, as was my suggestion to him. :saint:

Larry, Stevie, D, and crew have not yet banned him for bashing on fans of older Symphony X ad nauseum on PM Rising. Clearly, Ben needs to try harder over there.

He was a dick, always has been a dick, and honestly, good riddance. I'm not the nicest guy, and I am definitely able to be accused of trolling at times (I don't do it much, just with certain people at times), but I had nothing on him. If I had, I would have hoped I would have been banned by now, hah.

He was a dick, always has been a dick, and honestly, good riddance. I'm not the nicest guy, and I am definitely able to be accused of trolling at times (I don't do it much, just with certain people at times), but I had nothing on him. If I had, I would have hoped I would have been banned by now, hah.

What Brent said, he does this on Facebook also, he is just a little prick

*sigh* Sadly, I am not surprised as he tends to have no filter.

Why does "have no filter" always seem to equal "says stupid mean shit"?

The guy is a jerk. Look at what he does. Him having no filter is just an excuse for being an ass.

But we should all feel sorry for the guy. Think about what goes on in the head of a person who invariably ends up being mean and negative. It is sad.

I felt the opinion of Ben I offered in my response was appropriate, as was my suggestion to him. :saint:

Larry, Stevie, D, and crew have not yet banned him for bashing on fans of older Symphony X ad nauseum on PM Rising. Clearly, Ben needs to try harder over there.

I had a private conversation with Ben awhile back after the "Change". I too was suckered it appears. He's probably not long for PM. If it was up to most, he'd already be gone.

I had a private conversation with Ben awhile back after the "Change". I too was suckered it appears. He's probably not long for PM. If it was up to most, he'd already be gone.

'Tis a shame. He recommends some good bands and has a lot of good information in that troubled head of his. And the times I've met him and talked to him at PP, he's been super cool. Not sure what happens when he gets behind a keyboard.

Why does "have no filter" always seem to equal "says stupid mean shit"?

The guy is a jerk. Look at what he does. Him having no filter is just an excuse for being an ass.

But we should all feel sorry for the guy. Think about what goes on in the head of a person who invariably ends up being mean and negative. It is sad.

Umm...I'm not making an excuse for the guy. Just saying he was always the type that no matter what was on his mind, he felt he had to say it and thought he could get away with it no matter what. Bottom line though, is he was a button pusher and kept pushing it. I remember he said something on a Jon Oliva thread not too long ago that just had me disgusted. He contributed some good things from time to time, but his total disregard for others was just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.