When good song titles go bad.........

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
http://www.anus.com/metal/demilich.html
Now you can share my pain :heh:
Seems this band is actually liked by some people:err:

:bah: I actually like them. They are a local band (well, were a local band) but I still haven't been able to find the album.... I'd like to have it on vinyl, tho.

And those song titles, are awesome!! Some of the greatest titles ever. :loco:

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
OK, I just came across this cd today, I just had to share :D

By some band called Demilich (the album being 'Nespithe')- it has utterly the stupidest song titles ever written. Some of the good ones:
>the sixteenth six-tooth son of fourteen four-regional dimensions (still unnamed) :err:
>The planet that once used to absorb flesh in order to achieve divinity and immortality (suffocated to the flesh that it desired) :err: :err:
>The puterfying road in the ninteenth extremity (...somewhere inside the bowels of endlessness...) :loco:
>Inherited rowel levitation - reduced without any effort :err: :loco:

have you ever put something in english into a web based translator, translated it into another lanuage, and then used a different translator to get it back to english? because thats what those song titles look like...

the sentance above comes out as:

"You there is position always something in English in a translating based Web, has translated it to another lanuage, and later a diverse translating has utilized it to obtain it again to English? because thats what do those titles of the song seem they facts.. "

actually i'll try a few opeth titles see what happens...

"in the fog that it stopped itself"

"in order to send it good bye"

"the eternal tormento of the core"

ermm opeth songs don't work very well...too many are just 1 or 2 words...

i'll try a few from the cds on my desksee if anyone can guess....

"the sound of maquinillas of shaving through the meat"

"weak shouts of the stranger of the forests"

Anal Cunt are awesome. I love their song titles even if the music is shit. I talked with a guy at school the other day about them, and we couldn't stop laughing. I think it's hilarious how they use the names of people they know and insert "is gay".

Seth Putnam has a side project that is basically a mockery of black metal. They made a few demos with really long song titles. He plays drums on his knees. Here are a few song titles:

2. Forlorned Invocations of Blasphemous Congregations of Lusting Goat Sodomizing Sathanis

3. Gazing at the Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop a Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest of the Northern Mountain

4. Bloodlustfully Praising Satan's Unholy Almightyness in the Woods at Midnight

1. Masturbating on the Unholy Inverted Tracks of the Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders

2. Awaiting the Blasphemous Abomination of the Necroyeti While Sailing on the Northernmost Fjord of Xzfqiiizmtsath

3. Lustfully Worshipping the Inverted Moongoat While Skiing Down the Inverted Necromountain of Necrodeathmortum

6. Entranced by the Northern Impaled Necrowizard's Blasphemous Incantation Amidst the Agonizing Abomination of the Lusting Necrocorpse

"You there is position always something in English in a translating based Web, has translated it to another lanuage, and later a diverse translating has utilized it to obtain it again to English? because thats what do those titles of the song seem they facts.. "

Ha, truly hilarious I must try that.

"weak shouts of the stranger of the forests"

Forest whispers my name per chance?

Shouldn't be, but having read the above quote I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually your translated and then re-translated gibberish passages kind of remind me of the lyrics in the first three Amorphis albums, especially tales of the thousand lakes.

They are pretty hilarious. I'm sure that if I tried to write lyrics in Finnish they would be worse than hilarious, though. Perhaps some Finnish folks in the forum could translate the kantelar and kanteletar into better english so I would understand what they're on about in my favourite album of all time!

Another band I just thought of with weird song titles: Attention Deficit, an instrumental act consisting of Alex Skolnick, Michael Manring, and Tim Alexander. Many of them are inspired by Dan Quayle quotes: Unclear Inarticulate Things, Low Voter Turnout, Public Speaking Is Very Easy, an The Killers Are To Blame among them. Great music too.

And then in the BM department, look at the tracklisting of And Oceans' Symmetry/Circle album...acid sex and marble teeth!

Theres some band called Final Days of Humanity or maybe Last Days of Humanity(something along those lines, they have some seriously strange song titles as well). All the "woodland" black metal is good for some laughs. As many prepositions and adjectives as you can fit before words like "forest", "elders", or "troll". Ex: "The Mighty North Grew Frosty Betwixt the Embattled Rage of Angels And The Cold Fiery Depths of the Hellish Troll-Forest, part I: As The Mighty Angel Burns Before a Frosty Gnome"

Actually your translated and then re-translated gibberish passages kind of remind me of the lyrics in the first three Amorphis
albums, especially tales of the thousand lakes.
They are pretty hilarious. I'm sure that if I tried to write lyrics in Finnish they would be worse than hilarious, though. Perhaps some Finnish folks in the forum could translate the kantelar and kanteletar into better english so I would understand what they're on about in my favourite album of all time!

Maybe you should ask Keith Bosley, the scholar who translated "Kalevala" and "Kanteletar" from Finnish folk tales and poems into English, and did a great job at it. The difficulty may be that the 'Kalevala' poetry measure and syllable stress may seem odd to anyone who has not analyzed it further, and great troubles also lay in translating such language into English, which is far detached from Finnish. Still, the translations make sense.

Juurtuva Anustappi

If I try to translate that, then

a rooting anal peg

I think that's pretty brutal...