WHEN IS THE 2008 FEST GUYS?

Still working on securing the funding before I make any announcements. You'll be amongst the first to know (if not the very first) and I have a few of your bands in mind that I'd like to snatch up for the show ;) ((duh! I'll give you three guesses, haha!))

I could give an official date now, but if I hold out a little longer I could get more funding and have more options. Unfortunately these things come down to how much $ is in the pocketbook. But plan for the same month, or around that time.

Well, these things take time. Madfest is not yet at the level of, say, Chicago Powerfest and ProgPowerUSA, so things do not come to us as easily because we do not have as big of a reputation yet. And, I'm down a partner this year.. who had the money. And half of my crew is now working for Glenn. So now I'm operating on my own (with a few great helpers awaiting their assignments) and trying to scare up a good amount of $ to make this thing happen again at the same level as it did this past summer. I will not go backwards.. I would rather take a year off, save the money myself, and put on a kickass show in 2009, rather than put on a sub-par show in 2008. So unless I get a great grant or some investors soon, there might not be a Texas Madfest 2008. :-\ But my hopes is there will be! I'm working on a proposal that, if it is accepted, will grant me corporate sponsorship - which means "PAAAARRRTY!" So, my darlings, I love and appreciate your enthusiasm, but I beg for your patience as well. So long as that patience doesn't make you forget about Madfest! *gulp* :lol:

That being said, I will try for the very same weekend.

Completely understandable. You just have so many fans that you're in demand. As for me, I was just being my usual smart-ass self.:D Some people even love me because of that character flaw.:lol:

That being said, I'm sure everyone understands and wants the '08 edition, if it is in fact feasable for you to pull off, to be the best possible. Best of luck!:headbang:

Oh, never-fear, I LOVE your smartass-self! heehe! And yes, "I'm playing hard to get".. just you're the only one to figure it out! :lol: :cool:
I appreciate your support a lot! It means the world to me, because without you guys, Texas Madfest is nothing even with all the money in the world! MAD Love to you all! <3