Hotel Information for Bay Area Rock Fest 2008...?

sharward

The hotel is going to be the Tomo Hotel in Japantown- Grant Plaza is sold out unfortunately-- this is Pride weekend in the city, so things are very busy. I should have a special rate for everybody announced soon

All you out of towners should get to the city that weekend then because there will be no shortage if interesting people to watch there...

Anybody find any good deals at a decent hotel that is within two miles of the venue? I've looked around a bit, but was curious as to where some of you were looking at staying.

I've looked around a bit for a hotel and am finding out that alot of places are all booked up for that weekend. :zombie: I'll keep looking around.......if anybody has booked their hotel, it would be helpful if you could let us know where, and the rates if possible. :cool:

The hotel is going to be the Tomo Hotel in Japantown- Grant Plaza is sold out unfortunately-- this is Pride weekend in the city, so things are very busy. I should have a special rate for everybody announced soon
Hi Dave -- I know you've been very busy lately, but have you had a chance to get to this? I've been waiting for word before I book anything. Should we just proceed on our own? And is Tomo still "the place" where all the action (i.e., bands / cool people!) will be?

Stayed at the Kabuki (it wasn't called the Kabuki) last year... And I've stayed here once before, it's really pretty nice and it has great views from the tower.

I just played "Hotel Roulette" on Hotwire.com. There was one "Japantown area" hotel available for $139/night plus taxes, so I took the chance. It ends up that it's Cathedral Hill Hotel, 1101 Van Ness Ave. at Geary Blvd. Although the Web site doesn't reflect it (yet), I think this hotel belongs to the same "Joie de Vivre Hospitality" company as Hotel Kabuki and Hotel Tomo. I really like that chain of boutique hotels! :)

Cathedral Hill Hotel is about five blocks away from Hotel Kabuki and about 1.6 miles from the venue. If you'd like to be within 1/2 mile of the Kabuki and would like to save at least $75 per night, I recommend you try to get it on Hotwire.com -- but understand that there is no guarantee the hotel is the one that I booked or that it will be available at all -- that's part of the gamble you take when using Hotwire.

That is a ripping price for Cathedral Hill. The are usually minimum $200.00 a night...Its a great hotel, I partied there with Crimson Glory last year . Its not to far from the venue via taxi...

Bear

We're staying at the Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill... A little farther away than last year, but a sweet place to stay... Got a good deal on Priceline

I booked at the Cathedral Hill. I went with this recommendation because of it being 1.6 miles to the Independent.

Okay! Has anyone actually tried that 1.6 mile walk?

Sounds like walking distance for a moderately healthy individual.

it's San Francisco... 1.6 miles can be straight up the steepest hill you could imagine... :lol:
but actually that walk is not bad, but if you order up a quick taxi from the desk and BAM!! you're there...