Bay Area Rock Fest- Friday AM announcement- Info and Teasers

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Book your Calendars now for San Francisco for Friday May 4th and Saturday May 5th- the Bay Area Rock Fest is a reality! I am going to announce the festival details, the venue and the ticket prices this Friday AM.

The festival is going to be held in the city of San Francisco at a venue that seats approximately 550 people. The club has the best sound of a club its size that I have ever seen- I am very confident that the bands and the fans will enjoy this. I did not want this to be in a suburb or something where you all would miss out on how beautiful our city is. This is in a good area of San Francisco (not like the Pound, for those of you who went there) that has a lot of good food a block away, and is very close to some of the famous San Francisco sights.. For those of you Texans who are coming in—there is the best barbeque in town right across the street!!

There will be two classes of tickets—there will be an all-weekend festival ticket, and a special sponsor/VIP ticket which will give the holder the ability to view the show from the VIP balcony on top of the club, have cocktail waitress service and receive a free festival Tshirt. There will be a VERY limited number available of these available. Please contact me if you are interested.

A few things about the bands—First of all, as I have stated in my other posts, I am NOT going to compete with the other festivals on bands—I have worked with ProgPower USA, MADFEST and the Chicago PowerFest to make sure that we are all booking different bands. The bands on my bill will all be different.

There will be 9 bands total- 4 on Friday and 5 on Saturday with a different theme each night. In addition to the band merchandise, the plan is to have a CD vendor present for everybody to grab their haul--

A few teasers on the bands themselves.. There will be a band from a country that has never played the festival scene here.. There is an exclusive North American appearance from a former ProgPower headliner. There will be an appearance by a legend in the metal scene. There will be an appearance by one of the bands that is on the UM Forum that many of you are friends with and have seen. There are a couple of bands that will be controversial choices, and make some of you scratch your head—That is the fun of it all!

I am going to work very hard to make sure that we deliver the best possible experience for you all to come out here and enjoy San Francisco and the show itself. San Francisco in May usually has great weather- it is before the summer fog comes in, so it is generally very pleasant. Im looking forward to hosting all of you in the best city in the US!!

Thanks to the ProgPower USA, Chicago PowerFest and Madfest teams for working with me to make sure that we deliver the best metal on the planet..

Stay tuned for more details on Friday !!

When I clicked on your post and saw the metal avatars, I was listening to the middle section of Savatage Sirens-- It was a Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon moment when everything was synched-- wow man--

Can't wait to know the info on friday... It quite possibly means friday PM I will be booking my flight to San Francisco out of New York City...

When I clicked on your post and saw the metal avatars, I was listening to the middle section of Savatage Sirens-- It was a Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon moment when everything was synched-- wow man--
:lol:

Glad to hear that you tried that too! Amazing, isn't it? That has to be one of the freakiest things ever! Hard to believe that it is all coincidence. Of course doing it on purpose would be hard to believe considering the amount of work it would take.

This is very exciting. I cannot even explain in words how stoked I am about this whole thing coming together. And just a hour and a half drive for me. Just perfect. I will be paying a visit here on Friday for the details. Did I mention how much ass this kicks...:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass::kickass: :kickass: ...That Much!

I am not sure if Edguy would be enough to make me go all the way to Cali... But I'm confident that the lineup wont disappoint me.

Speaking of that, have I told you before how much it sucks to wait for an announcement to be made out of the West coast (being that I'm in the Eastcoast)??? LOL

Damn time zones...

Nah, that 'Rocket Ride' was strictly metaphorical. They very much want to and should play this festival. Spill the friggin' beans already. :cry:

Could you possibly text message it to me? It would be a nice break from the horrible day I have ahead and would probably make you my favorite Milton in the whole Eastern United States of America.